Aliki Zanessis
Aliki Zanessis
Italy
Local time: 07:39
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 8, 2017

Hi there.

I'm taking the Online Qualification Tests on the HERMES platform. I'm applying as a subtitler in Italian and Greek since I'm bilingual.

I'm having some technical problems, and I wrote to the support system, but no one has replied back to me so far. Could you help me, please?

The problem is that I've finished the Italian test, but after doing Section 5, the following message came out:

Dear User,

If you are an applicant who
... See more
Hi there.

I'm taking the Online Qualification Tests on the HERMES platform. I'm applying as a subtitler in Italian and Greek since I'm bilingual.

I'm having some technical problems, and I wrote to the support system, but no one has replied back to me so far. Could you help me, please?

The problem is that I've finished the Italian test, but after doing Section 5, the following message came out:

Dear User,

If you are an applicant who has applied for individual consideration, we thank you for taking the Hermes subtitling test. Your completed tests have been received and stored. Unfortunately, your results at this time do not reach the required threshold for your language for further consideration and correction of section 5. The threshold is based on your average score from the first four sections and derived from the top performers and overall percentile unique to each language. Please save your Hermes # for identification in the future should there be any new developments.

If you are an applicant who has applied in association with a vendor(s), thank you for taking the Hermes subtitling test. At this time, your score is available here for you to view and discuss with the vendor(s) with which you are associated. Please save your Hermes # for identification in the future.

Best regards, Hermes

Could you tell me what I did wrong and what I was supposed to do other than filling the subtitles with my translation? Could you explain me how it works in order not to fail Section 5 of the Greek test as well? Finally, is it somehow possible to retake the test or apply to Netflix in another way?

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Marcella Marino
Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
"Netflix Hermes Test" discussion forum Dec 11, 2017

Hi Aliza,

have you read the Netflix Hermes Test discussion forum? It is very rich, maybe you can find the answer to your question there or you can post your question there.

Here is the link:
https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/313708-netflix_hermes_test.html

Hope to help!

Marcella

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
What she says Dec 13, 2017

Marcella Marino wrote:

Hi Aliza,

have you read the Netflix Hermes Test discussion forum? It is very rich, maybe you can find the answer to your question there or you can post your question there.

Here is the link:
https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/313708-netflix_hermes_test.html

Hope to help!

Marcella

Marcella is absolutely right. I noticed that the Hermes Test discussion thread went well into hundreds of postings. Running a search will surely help you, Aliza.

Marcella Marino
Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Mario! Dec 14, 2017

Thank you Mario!

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Pleasure's all mine Dec 16, 2017

Marcella Marino wrote:

Thank you Mario!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netflix: How to complete the Hermes test

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »