Training
Thread poster: zigzum
zigzum
zigzum
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:44
Aug 29, 2012

Dear colleagues,

as I have been out of the industry as full-time translator for few months (i still do some small projects) I want to use the down time, so I am looking to get trained on the big three - Trados, Across and memoQ.Further down the road I want to learn Wordfast. I am looking for online training by actual person, as I am not good at self-teaching. I've seen the SDL training here, but I am rather interested in the complete picture, not in different modules - all at once s
... See more
Dear colleagues,

as I have been out of the industry as full-time translator for few months (i still do some small projects) I want to use the down time, so I am looking to get trained on the big three - Trados, Across and memoQ.Further down the road I want to learn Wordfast. I am looking for online training by actual person, as I am not good at self-teaching. I've seen the SDL training here, but I am rather interested in the complete picture, not in different modules - all at once so to speak. I am also aware of the Across training manuals, but I haven't gotten anywhere with those.

I will much appreciate either suggestions where I can get trained - I count on the training not being free - or perhaps if some of you would train me, either for a fee, or I can do some translation for you as a payback. My language combinations are to: bulgarian, czech, english and from: bulgarian,czech, english, macedonian,slovak.

Thank so much.

Serious answers only please.
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:44
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Guru Aug 29, 2012

Are you aware of the website called Guru? It is an online marketplace for freelance talent. I have been able to find some translation work through Guru myself. I am not sure if they have trainers there but they might. It is worth checking out.

http://www.guru.com/about/

Good luck!

zigzum
zigzum
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:44
TOPIC STARTER
Guru Aug 29, 2012

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Are you aware of the website called Guru? It is an online marketplace for freelance talent. I have been able to find some translation work through Guru myself. I am not sure if they have trainers there but they might. It is worth checking out.

http://www.guru.com/about/

Good luck!

Yes,

I am aware indeed, and I did have, maybe still do, profile there, but the SafePay payment is not something I feel good about so I opted not to use it. But as you have been using it, can you tell me how safe it is (compared to PayPal and MoneyBookers)?

Thanks

P.S: I could not see any training there

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:44
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Guru and SafePay Aug 30, 2012

Thank you for your message. It has been quite a while since I used Guru and SafePay. Therefore, I unfortunately do not remember any specifics about either. I do not remember encountering any problems though. Everything was smooth to my knowledge. Of course, PayPal is much more popular and common than SafePay. Sorry I could not be of much help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Training

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »