Thread poster: bmar87
bmar87
bmar87
Local time: 12:29
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 27, 2012

Hello,

Has anyone been successful in any of the EPSO competitions for translators?
I am on the EPSO AD220/11 reserve list and wondering what's next. I am still waiting for any information on my status on the list and don't know if I am supposed to contact recruitment departments of EU institutions myself or just wait to be 'flagged'.

I appreciate your help.

ParlInt
ParlInt
Local time: 13:29
EPSO recruitment process Sep 4, 2012

Hi,
I'm on staff at the Parliament (interpreter not translator, but the principle is the same). If your language combination is needed you'll be contacted, but it can be a slow process. There is a colour-coded flagging system which I imagine you're aware of. It can be useful to contact the relevant department in the institution you're most interested in though, as they have to come together to negotiate who gets which laureate, and it helps them to have an idea of your preferences.
... See more
Hi,
I'm on staff at the Parliament (interpreter not translator, but the principle is the same). If your language combination is needed you'll be contacted, but it can be a slow process. There is a colour-coded flagging system which I imagine you're aware of. It can be useful to contact the relevant department in the institution you're most interested in though, as they have to come together to negotiate who gets which laureate, and it helps them to have an idea of your preferences.
Your EPSO account should provide information as to your status on the list (flagged or not, etc.).
Hope that helps
Collapse

bmar87
bmar87
Local time: 12:29
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for the advice Sep 9, 2012

Thank you for your advice. I guess it makes most sense to contact an Institution with the quota on my list... I have already received the message with my status on the list. It turned out that I was apparently already flagged yellow by an Institution, then 'unflagged' again after 60 days. Is this a normal practice...?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EPSO Reserve List: Translators (pl)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »