Stefan Blommaert
Brazil
Local time: 04:44
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 15, 2012

Hello everybody,

first of all, I am not sure whether I posted this topic in the correct place. Please feel free to (suggest to) move it

I have a friend who came to me with the following question. She has finished a language degree (French and Spanish) and is actually quite good at it (at least the French part I can personally vouch for, as I am fluent in it). She has been working for a translation agency for quite a while now and would like to continue on the same road
... See more
Hello everybody,

first of all, I am not sure whether I posted this topic in the correct place. Please feel free to (suggest to) move it

I have a friend who came to me with the following question. She has finished a language degree (French and Spanish) and is actually quite good at it (at least the French part I can personally vouch for, as I am fluent in it). She has been working for a translation agency for quite a while now and would like to continue on the same road and get a translation related degree. She lives in London and has been looking around to find a Master´s degree and...they are expensive. Also, as she is working, there is the time issue.

I live in London at the moment, but am not originally from here and discovered that I actually do not know a lot about UK degree and post-graduate possibilities.

Hence, my question to you is: Does anyone know of a translation related course that would/could be interesting for the person in question, possibly even by distance learning?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finding a degree

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »