Off topic: Where should I start?
Thread poster: manastasiya
manastasiya
manastasiya
United States
Local time: 05:45
Jan 21, 2011

I want to become RussianEnglish interpreter. What options do I have? Can anyone tell me if there are any self-study programs available?

Thank you for your help.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:45
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Information needed Jan 21, 2011

I am quite sure colleagues in that combination will be interested in knowing about your present training/education level, experience, background, etc. Tell us a bit more about you please, so that people can tell you what steps you can do next.

Good luck!

Patrick.D
Patrick.D
Local time: 14:45
Russian to English
+ ...
Zip files...rrrr Jan 22, 2011

Your virtually empty profile (but that's ok, my profile is also still "work in progress") does seem to have a resume lurking in there - but its some strange Zip file. Who do think could be bothered with that - what's wrong with an good old 'doc.' or even a PDF??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where should I start?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »