Thread poster: carlien van de Kreeke
carlien van de Kreeke
carlien van de Kreeke  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 17:15
English to Dutch
Dec 20, 2010

Hello,

I will be taking the Diptrans examination of the Iol in January 2011 (language combination English - Dutch). I am currently in the process of gathering reference material, but was wondering if any of you could give me tips and advice about good dictionaries, glossaries, terminology databases etc or places where to find them ? Since you're not allowed to consult references online or to work on your own laptop, this means I now have to look for print material. If you would be
... See more
Hello,

I will be taking the Diptrans examination of the Iol in January 2011 (language combination English - Dutch). I am currently in the process of gathering reference material, but was wondering if any of you could give me tips and advice about good dictionaries, glossaries, terminology databases etc or places where to find them ? Since you're not allowed to consult references online or to work on your own laptop, this means I now have to look for print material. If you would be so kind to share/ sell any of your sources with/ to me, it would be greatly appreciated! Ofcourse I have the usual bilingual dictionaries (Van Dale), monolingual dictionary (Collins Cobuild, English language), het groene boekje and some business English dictionaries (Word Business), but I am particularly interested in new editions, lists of acronyms and any useful tips for the preparation and on the day itself. I will be taking my exam at the British Council in Amsterdam.

I will be translating the following three units: general, business and social science. Especially the last unit worries me since the subject area is so broad.

Thank you so much for your help!

Carlien
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reference material to do Diptrans Iol

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »