Thread poster: Richardson Lisa
Richardson Lisa
Richardson Lisa  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:56
French to English
Feb 3, 2010

Hi
I took the IoL exam a couple of weeks ago and I was just wondering if those that have already taken the exam could tell me how long they had to wait for their results? It says within 14 weeks on the website, but I just wondered if they really took that long? Thanks in advance
Lisa

Birgit Richter
Birgit Richter  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
IoL results Feb 3, 2010

I can remember back in 2001 I took the exam in November (they were then held in November, not January as they do now) and got the results in March.

Richardson Lisa
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Oh dear Feb 3, 2010

Thanks Birgit - I was kind of hoping that the 14 week thing was an outside estimate, but clearly that is not the case!! Oh well, I won't start checking the postbox yet then. The wait's going to kill me.

[Edited at 2010-02-03 15:50 GMT]

Anne Carnot
Anne Carnot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
Spring! Feb 3, 2010

Well last year the exam was in January, and the results arrived mid-April if I remember well, so you'd better think about something else in the meantime!
Good luck anyway

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Beginning of May Feb 3, 2010

You can safely expect the results at the beginning of May. Last year (the dates of the exam were more or less the same as this year) a colleague told me that she had received her results on May 7th... So my advice is to keep your mind occupied and not think about it.

Good luck with the results!

Richardson Lisa
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
May!! Feb 3, 2010

Thanks for the replies - April seems late enough, but May! That's more than 14 weeks, what can take that long?
Well, I think that I'll just have to forget about it now. Are you waiting for results too Tomas? I seem to recall that you were sitting the exam too...
Let's keep our fingers crossed
Lisa

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Definitely May Feb 3, 2010

They usually arrive around the first week in May, in my experience.

Maybe things have got a bit quicker in recent years, but personally I wouldn't be prepared to bet on that

Good luck.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, waiting too! Feb 4, 2010

Richardson Lisa wrote:
Are you waiting for results too Tomas? I seem to recall that you were sitting the exam too...

Indeed Lisa. I took the exam in Madrid on the 21st (English into Spanish). I am also very impatient, but since I also had to wait for the ATA certification results (also 14 weeks), I reckon I got used to the long times.

One way of keeping your mind and heart busy about this could be to set a new goal: what other exam can you/would you like to take and what preparation is needed? Using this time for that might make total sense as this kind of exams have these very long advance registration times, etc.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Still waiting... Apr 23, 2010

Hi guys. Still waiting. Oh my goodness. If after waiting for so long I did not pass, I am going to need to buy myself some very expensive gift to cheer up! And if I pass, I will have to pay a lunch at a fairly exclusive restaurant in town with my colleagues in the office. So one way or the other I will have to give away a wad of euros.

Should not take long now, I reckon. 14 weeks since the day of the exam is a week fr
... See more
Hi guys. Still waiting. Oh my goodness. If after waiting for so long I did not pass, I am going to need to buy myself some very expensive gift to cheer up! And if I pass, I will have to pay a lunch at a fairly exclusive restaurant in town with my colleagues in the office. So one way or the other I will have to give away a wad of euros.

Should not take long now, I reckon. 14 weeks since the day of the exam is a week from now.

Good luck with the results everyone!
Collapse

Gail Bond
Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:56
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Patience... Apr 23, 2010

Tomás, in a fit of impatience, I phoned them last week and they said the results would be sent in early May.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
And more patience in my case Apr 23, 2010

Gail Bond wrote:
Tomás, in a fit of impatience, I phoned them last week and they said the results would be sent in early May.

Oh my. Well, then I think it will be mid-May in my case since --as far as I am aware--, IOL sends the results to the examination centres first, who then send them to the candidates.

Good. Let's try to forget about it for some two weeks more...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IoL DipTrans results

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »