Powwow: Atlanta, Georgia - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Atlanta, Georgia - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
Local time: 23:35
German to English
+ ...
Location? Dec 5, 2001

Hello everyone, we have only 10 days until day X. Are there any plans yet for the location and exact time? If not, maybe we should consider meeting in a restaurant outside the Atlanta Perimeter, to avoid people cruising aimlessly through our beautiful, but one-way-street infested capital. Any suggestions?
Greetings,
Rasha

Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
German to English
+ ...
How about Buford, GA? Dec 6, 2001

Hello, it's me again. The proz.com staff asked me to make a suggestion. Well, I live in Buford, which offers the Mall of Georgia (largest in the SE), a Hampton Inn across the mall for those, who have to stay over night (I can find out their phone # and post it if you guys are interested, and check also for alternative lodging) and there is a Shoney's down the street in Sugar Hill, which has a separate room for special events, I could check if it is available. Date is December 15th, should we sta... See more
Hello, it's me again. The proz.com staff asked me to make a suggestion. Well, I live in Buford, which offers the Mall of Georgia (largest in the SE), a Hampton Inn across the mall for those, who have to stay over night (I can find out their phone # and post it if you guys are interested, and check also for alternative lodging) and there is a Shoney's down the street in Sugar Hill, which has a separate room for special events, I could check if it is available. Date is December 15th, should we start in the afternoon, maybe between 4 and 5 pm? We need to figure out, who's coming, who's bringing how many family members and who's staying over night. So come on y'all, gimme some feedback!
Greetings,
Rasha
Collapse

Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
German to English
+ ...
Are you guys still interested? Dec 8, 2001

Hello there! So far, I got only two responses and I wonder if the rest of you is still interested? I called Shoney's and we can have that room from 4pm to 7pm on the 15th, but I cannot confirm, before I know how many people are coming. If it is under ten, we don't have to use such a room, which costs $65 per 1 1/2 hours if nobody is eating and nothing if we all have meals.
Here are some lodging options:
1. Hampton Inn - Buford
3240 Buford Dr
Buford, GA 30519
(67
... See more
Hello there! So far, I got only two responses and I wonder if the rest of you is still interested? I called Shoney's and we can have that room from 4pm to 7pm on the 15th, but I cannot confirm, before I know how many people are coming. If it is under ten, we don't have to use such a room, which costs $65 per 1 1/2 hours if nobody is eating and nothing if we all have meals.
Here are some lodging options:
1. Hampton Inn - Buford
3240 Buford Dr
Buford, GA 30519
(678) 546-1200
2. Wingate Inn (Just opened)
1355 Mall Of Georgia Blvd NE ~
Buford, GA
(678) 714-0248
http://www.the.wingateinns.com/atlantabuford12417/home/?sid=AAACEgAAWAAAiebAAm

I forgot one main attraction, the "Magical Nights of Lights" at the Lake Lanier Islands, which are the world's largest animated light show. Tickets per car/ minivan are $25, but you can get coupons for $5 off at local Publix stores.
Now, please, please, please, let me know what's going on, I'll have to confirm the room at Shoney's by Monday.
Greetings,
Rasha
Collapse

ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
please confirm ASAP Dec 11, 2001

Please visit the page for the Atlanta powwow and confirm whether or not you will attend.

Pegmoe
Pegmoe
German to English
+ ...
CANNOT attend in Atlanta . . . Dec 11, 2001

Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
German to English
+ ...
Update Dec 11, 2001

Hello, here is Rasha with breaking news concerning the Atlanta Powwow! I had to cancel the reservation with Shoney's, because I got only three responses. Now, we will meet this Saturday, Dec. 15th, at 6:30pm, at the Thai Star Restaurant on Peachtree Industrial in Norcross for a casual dinner. Directions will follow as soon as I got them, but the restaurant is listed in the yahoo!-Yellow Pages with map. Please, feel free to join us, alone or with partners and children.
Greetings,
... See more
Hello, here is Rasha with breaking news concerning the Atlanta Powwow! I had to cancel the reservation with Shoney's, because I got only three responses. Now, we will meet this Saturday, Dec. 15th, at 6:30pm, at the Thai Star Restaurant on Peachtree Industrial in Norcross for a casual dinner. Directions will follow as soon as I got them, but the restaurant is listed in the yahoo!-Yellow Pages with map. Please, feel free to join us, alone or with partners and children.
Greetings,
Rasha
Collapse

Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
German to English
+ ...
Directions to the Thai Star Restaurant Dec 12, 2001

Thai Star
5370 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Norcross, GA 30071
Tel: 770-326-9991

If you are taking 85 North, take exit 99 (Jimmy Carter Blvd.). Once you come
up the ramp, take a left onto Jimmy Carter Blvd, and come straight down for approx 7-8 miles. You will have to pass Pier Imports on the right hand side, Pep Boys, Best Friends Park on the left hand side, Buford Highway, First
Union on the left hand side. When you reach the traffic lights where Jimmy
... See more
Thai Star
5370 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Norcross, GA 30071
Tel: 770-326-9991

If you are taking 85 North, take exit 99 (Jimmy Carter Blvd.). Once you come
up the ramp, take a left onto Jimmy Carter Blvd, and come straight down for approx 7-8 miles. You will have to pass Pier Imports on the right hand side, Pep Boys, Best Friends Park on the left hand side, Buford Highway, First
Union on the left hand side. When you reach the traffic lights where Jimmy
Carter intersects the service road (H&R Block at you right hand side), make a right. (Don't go under the overbridge). Come onto Peactree Industrial
Blvd and go straight up for about 3-4 miles until you hit Medlock Bridge Rd.
You will find Thai Star on the right hand side just at this intersection of
Peachtree Industrial Blvd and Medlock Bridge Rd.
Collapse

Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
Rasha Brinkmann-Yahya
German to English
+ ...
Thanks for a Great Evening! Dec 16, 2001

To all, who joined yesterday's powwow at the Thai Star:

Thank you for a wonderful, inspiring and fun evening. I am looking forward to seeing you all again at the next powwow!

Greetings,
Rasha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Atlanta, Georgia - United States

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »