Powwow: Yokohama - Japan

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Yokohama - Japan".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Thomas Blasejewicz
Thomas Blasejewicz  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 00:58
Japanese to English
+ ...
Usually work on Saturdays, but ... Dec 2, 2001

Hans-Henning Judek
Hans-Henning Judek  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Is Sunday better for you? Dec 4, 2001

Mitusko cannot come on Saturday and Thomas is also not to happy. We have still 10 days to go, so let me know if Sundy is better for the majority. People who come from far away should know that I can accomodate 1 or 2 people at my home.

Doris Fukuda
Doris Fukuda
English to Spanish
+ ...
I don't mind Saturday is fine, ans sunday is also OK. Dec 4, 2001

Hi Hans!
I just wnated to say that Saturday is Ok, sunday is OK too.
But I prefer it on Saturday at the time 3:00 pm, as you said first.

Hans-Henning Judek
Hans-Henning Judek  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Let's finalize the date! Dec 7, 2001

So at the moment it looks that Saturday 3 p.m. is the most desirable time for a majority, and the others did not object. I will therefore keep the time at 3 p.m. on Saturday "as is".

I have not fixed any participation fee, a it is an informal meeting. The Yamcha place in Chinatown is Yen 2500 for 1 1/2 hours. I don't know if you are familiar with "Yamcha"? You can eat as much as you like in a given time, but different from buffet-style, where all the food is displayed (and getting
... See more
So at the moment it looks that Saturday 3 p.m. is the most desirable time for a majority, and the others did not object. I will therefore keep the time at 3 p.m. on Saturday "as is".

I have not fixed any participation fee, a it is an informal meeting. The Yamcha place in Chinatown is Yen 2500 for 1 1/2 hours. I don't know if you are familiar with "Yamcha"? You can eat as much as you like in a given time, but different from buffet-style, where all the food is displayed (and getting cold), you order a la carte what you like. The process itself is already quite fun, and in that place the quality of the food is very good! You just have to add, what you drink. Of course, they serve Jasmine Tea for free.

Maybe 1 1/2 hours are not enough, so if we like, we can go to a coffee shop thereafter and continue, but I want to leave that to the opinion and decision of the participants. As we all have enough stress in our daily lives, I would suggest that we create as few rules and regulations as possible and let it become a really enjoyable meeting for all of us.

Looking forward to meeting you personally
Collapse

Doris Fukuda
Doris Fukuda
English to Spanish
+ ...
Saturday 15, at 3:00 pm is fine Dec 10, 2001

Hi Hans!
This is just to say that I am willing to go to Chinatown on Saturday 15, at 3:00 pm.
I wonder if you could write in detail where the meeting point will be.
If possible, will you please send me a fax, qith a map in it.
I would like to take my 6 year-old son, is that OK?
is there any other kid going?
Well, that is all. waiuting for your reply.
and, I am looking forward to meet you all.

Cheers!

Doris Fukuda

Minoru Kuwahara
Minoru Kuwahara
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
Hello Hans-san and everyone, Dec 12, 2001

Informing my current schedule, Saturday pm 3:00 would be no problem. I'm arranging to join, while there seem not to be Japanese participants. In any case, I would say it's grateful to be there. A bit far...yes, that's only obstacle, but my friend in Yokohama might invite at weekend, which I will ask later on...

Regards,
Minoru Kuwahara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Yokohama - Japan

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »