Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you feel about the deadlines on your jobs in general?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Miroslav Jeftic
Miroslav Jeftic  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:33
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Ha Sep 3, 2019

It pretty often happens that I get an ample deadline for a 100 words job and very tight for a 12k one.

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It depends on your capacity Sep 4, 2019

Deadlines are proposed by your clients, but it is up to you to accept or decline them.

For me there are no "too tight" deadlines. I know my capacity very well and I accept/decline project according to it.

If a deadline proposed by my clients is "too tight" (which means I could risk missing it), I propose mine. Most of the time it is accepted (I always propose a realistic one). If not, I kindly apologise and move to a next project.

10 years in business and
... See more
Deadlines are proposed by your clients, but it is up to you to accept or decline them.

For me there are no "too tight" deadlines. I know my capacity very well and I accept/decline project according to it.

If a deadline proposed by my clients is "too tight" (which means I could risk missing it), I propose mine. Most of the time it is accepted (I always propose a realistic one). If not, I kindly apologise and move to a next project.

10 years in business and never missed a deadline.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you feel about the deadlines on your jobs in general?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »