Poll: How many computers/devices do you work on regularly?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Mar 14, 2018

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How many computers/devices do you work on regularly?".

View the poll results »

Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:37
German to English
+ ...
Desktop Mar 14, 2018

Desktop. Laptop for emergencies and when I travel.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:37
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
2 Mar 14, 2018

One desktop + one laptop (but I haven't touched my laptop for some time: hope it still works...)

[Edited at 2018-03-14 09:38 GMT]

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Mar 14, 2018

I have3 fully functioning PCs, but I only work on one of them at a time. One of them is my main PC for work purposes and the other two are backup. One of them is currently acting as a radio so that I can listen to the BBC. I also have one laptop for when I'm travelling or have to work away from home. My house was burgled at the end of last year and they stole my two previous laptops, both of which were in working order, but left the old desktops behind.

Claudia Aguero
Claudia Aguero  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 14:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Three Mar 14, 2018

My desktop is the one thet I use the most. I use my laptop when I'm away or to listen to music or whenever I need more screens. I even use my mobile to chek emails and documents. I also use the mobile to tell clients that I'm away and that will send a proper reply as soon as I get to my office in a few hours.

Jasa Pipan
Jasa Pipan
Slovenia
French to Slovenian
+ ...
One/two Mar 14, 2018

... depending on how "work" is defined in this context.
I only translate on my laptop - I have a Freelance version of Trados, so I can only use it on this one laptop, but I mostly use my phone to answer e-mails that require word answers and not also attachments or anything similar. So I guess if work is only understood in the context of translating, then one; if we're also talking about everything else that comes with the job, then two!

[Edited at 2018-03-14 15:51 GMT]

[Edite
... See more
... depending on how "work" is defined in this context.
I only translate on my laptop - I have a Freelance version of Trados, so I can only use it on this one laptop, but I mostly use my phone to answer e-mails that require word answers and not also attachments or anything similar. So I guess if work is only understood in the context of translating, then one; if we're also talking about everything else that comes with the job, then two!

Collapse

Joohee Kim
Joohee Kim  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 05:37
Member (2017)
English to Korean
+ ...
Two Mar 14, 2018

My lovely laptop and mobile phone.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many computers/devices do you work on regularly?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »