Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Are you learning a new language now (for work or for fun)?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Lara Scheffer
Lara Scheffer  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:54
Member (2016)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes Apr 16, 2017

I've been brushing up my Spanish (intermediate/lower advanced level at the moment) whenever I have some time (which isn't very often).

But I've also started taking Italian classes recently, so I force myself to open up the time in my schedule to attend those and it works better than just doing it on my own, like I do with Spanish.

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:54
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
えっ! Apr 16, 2017

Katarina Dusikova wrote:
Japanese is great fun to learn!

そんなに楽しいの?

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:54
German to Turkish
+ ...
A few actually :) Apr 16, 2017

Right now I am following courses for Russian language. I believe that I cannot find time necessary for a B2 level but I plan to proceed at least to B1.
I am learning Turkish sign language.
I am at B2 in Spanish and I plan to take it further.
My plans are Latin and Hungarian for the next two years.
I missed the deadline this year but next year I will also enroll in the open education faculty for Turkish Language and Literature.
I love languages. ...
See more
Right now I am following courses for Russian language. I believe that I cannot find time necessary for a B2 level but I plan to proceed at least to B1.
I am learning Turkish sign language.
I am at B2 in Spanish and I plan to take it further.
My plans are Latin and Hungarian for the next two years.
I missed the deadline this year but next year I will also enroll in the open education faculty for Turkish Language and Literature.
I love languages.
Collapse

Iryna Kuryliak
Iryna Kuryliak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:54
Member (2015)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Swedish Apr 16, 2017

I started learning Swedish 6 months ago. I'm learning it for fun and don't plan to turn it into one of my source languages.

Verónica Ducrey
Verónica Ducrey  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes! Learning German! Apr 16, 2017

Hallo leute!

I'm learning German because I will be travelling to Germany and Austria y a few weeks. It's just for fun, so I'm following a YouTube channel with online lessons. But I would like to take a course to learn the language "for real". We'll see how much I can practice during my stay!

Tschüss!
VEro

EvaVer (X)
EvaVer (X)  Identity Verified
Czech to French
+ ...
Improving my Romanian Apr 17, 2017

which is not exactly new, it's one of my source languages, I just decided I wanted to be able to speak it, too. And some German "as I go", in practice - I spend a lot of time in Germany and Austria, just "catching" it, no system.

Maria Krasn
Maria Krasn  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:54
English to Russian
+ ...
Chinese Apr 17, 2017

I learned the very basics on my own, but now that I attend classes it goes so much better (and clearer). Sort of a challenge for myself plus a great lot of pleasure and fun. I plan to make this language one of my source ones, but it will definitely take years No matter, the process itself is great!

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:54
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Always... but no Apr 18, 2017

I believe we are always learning new terms in several languages in this globalized world.
But unfortunately, no. Right now, I'm not studying any new languages.

An Trinh
An Trinh  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Which Hungarian materials are you learning? Jun 10, 2017

Luna Jungblut wrote:

Hi all,
After carefully looking at capital cities in Europe I wanted to live in, I chose Budapest - therefore I have been actively learning Hungarian on the side of my translation and interpreting jobs.

I am loving it and it is really true what they say - although this is a very hard language to learn, the process feels very smooth and I understand rules and grammar with ease - the learning process of a new language gets so much easier.

I have French A, English B and Spanish C - so this is the third language that I am properly learning from scratch.

Hello. I am interested to learn Hungarian. I would like to know which books / software you are using to learn it.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you learning a new language now (for work or for fun)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »