A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61]
Off topic: Completely frivolous thread
Téma indítója: Tom in London

Adieu  Identity Verified
orosz - angol
YMMV May 2

Gerard Barry wrote:

Here's a common-sense tip on how to reduce "the numbers": unless you feel sick, don't get a corona test! If you must get a test, don't report a positive result to the authorities. The false positives and the asymptomatic infections will keep "the numbers" high forever, giving the government a reason/excuse to extend the lockdown indefinitely. Wake up, everyone!

Hands off my SARS-CoV-2!

It keeps me in business.

PS also, it tends to kill a lot of naysayers whenever big brother relaxes

[Edited at 2021-05-02 04:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-05-03 00:26 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson

Chris T  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
svéd - angol
+ ...
Faking it May 2

Engrenages made me chuckle last night as a couple of villains with a sense of humour had registered mobile phones in the names of Alain Melon and Gilbert De Niro.

First, that might present an interesting translation challenge if your language doesn’t call a melon a melon.

Second, I’m thinking of switching to a life of crime and I need a name like that. Any ideas?

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson

Adieu  Identity Verified
orosz - angol
Yes May 3

Chris S wrote:

Engrenages made me chuckle last night as a couple of villains with a sense of humour had registered mobile phones in the names of Alain Melon and Gilbert De Niro.

First, that might present an interesting translation challenge if your language doesn’t call a melon a melon.

Second, I’m thinking of switching to a life of crime and I need a name like that. Any ideas?

Clearly, "Chris T."

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson
Chris T

P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Hollandia
Local time: 21:27
Tag (2010 óta)
angol - olasz
+ ...
Amen to that May 3

Adieu wrote:

Chris S wrote:

Clearly, "Chris T."

Mervyn Henderson
Chris T

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
spanyol - angol
+ ...
Names May 3

Chris Almighty? Crusher Chris? Cruel Chris?

And, although it doesn't exactly inspire fear and respect, considering what you do when not translating, how about "Chris On A Bike"?

P.L.F. Persio
Chris T
Zibow Retailleau

Egyesült Királyság
svéd - angol
+ ...
Rich T May 3

I actually know someone called Rich T, and that’s way funnier if you are familiar with cheap British biscuits.

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson
Kay Denney
Rachel Fell
Barbara Carrara
Zibow Retailleau

P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Hollandia
Tag (2010 óta)
angol - olasz
+ ...
Taking the biscuit May 3

Chris T wrote:

I actually know someone called Rich T, and that’s way funnier if you are familiar with cheap British biscuits.

Is he a friend of DJ Steve?

I'm here all week.

[Edited at 2021-05-03 11:07 GMT]

Mervyn Henderson
Chris T
Zibow Retailleau

Egyesült Királyság
svéd - angol
+ ...
Bustin' rhymes May 3

P.L.F.Persio wrote:
Is he a friend of DJ Steve?

Now my rap name has always been and will always be CJ Chilli, which opens up some interesting rhymes, but that's a whole other essential foodstuff.

P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson
Zibow Retailleau

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
spanyol - angol
+ ...
The All-New Mr T May 3

I suppose this must be a nod to The A Team, Mr T. Or is it in reaction to the other Mr T next door? Or to Mr TiL?

But if you want it to be credible, you're going to have to do a Michael Jackson colour change in reverse, shave your head at the sides to leave just a tuft, grow copious facial hair lower down to compensate, buy lots of heavy jewellery, gain twenty or thirty kilos, bare most of your threatening, badass torso at all times, and start rehearsing some of B.A.'s growly stuff
... See more
I suppose this must be a nod to The A Team, Mr T. Or is it in reaction to the other Mr T next door? Or to Mr TiL?

But if you want it to be credible, you're going to have to do a Michael Jackson colour change in reverse, shave your head at the sides to leave just a tuft, grow copious facial hair lower down to compensate, buy lots of heavy jewellery, gain twenty or thirty kilos, bare most of your threatening, badass torso at all times, and start rehearsing some of B.A.'s growly stuff: "You ain't nothin' but a crazy fool, Murdoch!"; "I said I ain't goin' in no airplane, man!"; etc. in the mirror.

Oh, and you'll have to take a DIY course for all those intensive preparations halfway through, along with welding, electrics, trap-setting, and explosives and firearms which never seem to actually kill anyone.

[Edited at 2021-05-03 15:39 GMT]
Collapse

Chris T
P.L.F. Persio
Zibow Retailleau

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Completely frivolous thread

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »