erika rubinstein
erika rubinstein  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:57
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2016

Dear colleagues,
I am travelling from Lisbon to Potimao on Dec., 2. I need to get a bus to Portimao. I found a homepage of Algarvebus, but it is not possible to understand anything on it. Maybe someone from Portugal knows how I can get from Lisbon airport to Portimao. I arrive at 3.30 p.m. Is there any possibility to go directly from the airport or to which station I have to go to take a bus, and when the bus goes.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Portimão Nov 19, 2016

Hello, Erika,

I'm currently in Aveiro, 2 h northwest of Lisbon, but I've been to Lisbon. The place you're looking to go is Portimão. If you go to maps.google.com, you can set the Lisbon Airport (Lisbon Portela) as a starting point and Portimão as the destination point. From what I see, the red line metro (linha vermelha) will take you there.

Lisbon to Portimão Linha Vermelha

I hope the above helps. If not, send me an email and I'll try to get more info for you.

Cheers.

Mario

Zuzana Greksakova
Zuzana Greksakova  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Member (2016)
English to Slovak
+ ...
bus to Portimao Nov 19, 2016

Hi Erika,

you need to take the red line (metro) and change to blue line on Sao Sebastiao, then get off at Jardim Zoologico. The buses to Portimao leave from a station called Sete Rios (just above the metro exit). You can check the timetables at http://www.rede-expressos.pt/

Cheers,
Zuzana

Inga Petkelyte
Inga Petkelyte  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:57
Lithuanian to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes Nov 20, 2016

I second Zuzana, the best thing is to get a bus at the bus station in Sete Rios, just as Zuzana described. Besdies of Rede Expressos company, there is Eva, shorter travelling time as they drive more direct and stop less.
No need to worry bout getting tickets in advance, busses leave in intervals of one hour in the morning and later afternoon. Where the number of passengers exceeds the seating (on holiday seasons), they arrange a second bus for the same timing.
All you need to be clea
... See more
I second Zuzana, the best thing is to get a bus at the bus station in Sete Rios, just as Zuzana described. Besdies of Rede Expressos company, there is Eva, shorter travelling time as they drive more direct and stop less.
No need to worry bout getting tickets in advance, busses leave in intervals of one hour in the morning and later afternoon. Where the number of passengers exceeds the seating (on holiday seasons), they arrange a second bus for the same timing.
All you need to be clear about is where you want to step out: in Portimao itself or Praia da Rocha.
Collapse

erika rubinstein
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What is Eva? Nov 20, 2016

Is this a bus company. Do you have a link of it?

Inga Petkelyte
Portugal
Lithuanian to Portuguese
+ ...
- Nov 20, 2016

http://eva-bus.com/index.php?lang=uk

erika rubinstein
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Inga Nov 20, 2016

I have seen the homepage. Do they start also from "Sete rios"?
And thanks a lot to the others too.

Inga Petkelyte
Portugal
Lithuanian to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes Nov 20, 2016

-
Both companies are good, Rede Expressos just stops in more locations.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
By the way… Nov 21, 2016

erika rubinstein wrote:

I have seen the homepage. Do they start also from "Sete rios"?
And thanks a lot to the others too.

What is there in Portimão?

I'll be in Lisbon for three months next year and I want to spend some time traveling around Portugal, Spain and Europe.

Obrigado!

Mario

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Travel in Portugal

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »