Thread poster: Dawid Mazela, MA, MCIL
Cristina Crişan
Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:59
English to Romanian
+ ...
TransferWise Oct 13, 2018

I have a borderless account and also customers who use TW to pay me directly into my local bank account, but for some of my customers PayPal works best.
So far, I only used my PayPal balance for shopping (an electric scooter just days ago!) and donations, but now that I have my USD card I might also withdraw money in the future.
I don't let PayPal convert my money. My customers pay me in USD, my main currency is set to USD and I only plan to withdraw to my USD card.
PayPal will
... See more
I have a borderless account and also customers who use TW to pay me directly into my local bank account, but for some of my customers PayPal works best.
So far, I only used my PayPal balance for shopping (an electric scooter just days ago!) and donations, but now that I have my USD card I might also withdraw money in the future.
I don't let PayPal convert my money. My customers pay me in USD, my main currency is set to USD and I only plan to withdraw to my USD card.
PayPal will get USD 2.5 per withdrawal.
I can live with that.

[Edited at 2018-10-14 05:41 GMT]
Collapse

James Carry
James Carry
India
Hindi to English
+ ...
PayPal Alternatives to use Dec 18, 2020

Cristina Crişan wrote:

PayPal will get USD 2.5 per withdrawal.
I can live with that.

[Edited at 2018-10-14 05:41 GMT]

I've been using PayPal all my life. Recently, I came across a website which provides you with tonnes of information about PayPal and and its alternative, here is the link for the same: https://ppcurrencyconverter.com/paypal-alternatives

Hope this is useful to you'll!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal: currency conversion with no fees

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »