Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:50
German to Turkish
+ ...
Any news? Mar 12, 2018

Hello Inez,

I was wondering whether there are any new developments. Did you decide on an action?

Elif

Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:50
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 12, 2018

hi there,

everything still in the working...lost a few days due to flu.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:50
German to Turkish
+ ...
get well soon :) Mar 12, 2018

Inez Ulrich wrote:

hi there,

everything still in the working...lost a few days due to flu.

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! Mar 12, 2018

Thanks a lot - this is an on and off illness since January in a way, it seems

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Flu is tough ... Mar 12, 2018

... but if it's a nasty bout, before it disappears, at least use it to your advantage by breathing hard into a plastic bag, sealing it and sending it to him in a gaudy envelope with "Thanks So Much Baby - You're the Greatest!" written on the outside. Then ring him a day or so later to see how he's feeling, and laugh as he croaks "Urrgh, not so good".

[Edited at 2018-03-12 18:57 GMT]

Anna Conrad
Anna Conrad  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
any update? Nov 28, 2018

i was just googling the 'agency' to find out what people said about 'them' (him)...
worked for him once last year, where he paid me but very late... i was not active on proZ then, and did not even know about the BB.
worked for him again this year (without reading the BB, as I had worked for him before), and now he is evading my questions regarding payment.

this post really scared me, i am awaiting a response and wonder what will come my way...

i hones
... See more
i was just googling the 'agency' to find out what people said about 'them' (him)...
worked for him once last year, where he paid me but very late... i was not active on proZ then, and did not even know about the BB.
worked for him again this year (without reading the BB, as I had worked for him before), and now he is evading my questions regarding payment.

this post really scared me, i am awaiting a response and wonder what will come my way...

i honestly have never experienced such bad communication and rudeness from anybody i worked with, so i am definitely more cautious now.

it's 270 EUR we're talking here....
Collapse

Anna Conrad
German to English
+ ...
still no payment Dec 18, 2018

He still has not paid me and evades my emails, constantly tells me to relax and that I am being hysterical!!!

I told him I will go via a debt collector if he doesn't pay up soon, and he said he doesn't like threats... Just wow!

I am absolutely baffled. He kept saying 'soon' and 'this day and that day' and the last email stated he paid last Friday, but I still have not received any money!

What to do now?

Inez - did you eventually get your money?

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no, no money Dec 18, 2018

Hi Anna,

he is an asshole, let's put it that way.
I was so angry and furious about this lowlife, but to be honest, 3 or 4 French lawyers didn't even call me back, obviously no interest. A German laywer told me it would probably cost me more than my invoice sum, so no option here, too.

It seems that such guys always get away with their criminal activities. I still have all the emails he claims I made up, that little gangster. I might try sth else....I have some tim
... See more
Hi Anna,

he is an asshole, let's put it that way.
I was so angry and furious about this lowlife, but to be honest, 3 or 4 French lawyers didn't even call me back, obviously no interest. A German laywer told me it would probably cost me more than my invoice sum, so no option here, too.

It seems that such guys always get away with their criminal activities. I still have all the emails he claims I made up, that little gangster. I might try sth else....I have some time thinking about it during the holidays, shouldn't take that long. A fraud report is always possible. I don't think I'll ever see my money, but I could make his life a bit harder anyway. Besides that Karma will step in soon enough - seen it again and again.
Collapse

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
just had some great idea Dec 18, 2018

...but I won't tell here just in case he is following this thread. Some work involved, but no costs for me.

Anna Conrad
German to English
+ ...
i Feb 2, 2019

sent you a pm!

Colleen Roach, PhD
Colleen Roach, PhD  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:50
French to English
+ ...
2 Other Linked In groups for reporting this Feb 3, 2019

Natasha Ziada wrote:

"Inez, please report the agency to the Naming and Shaming group on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3415770
"

Here are two other Linked-In translator groups where incidents such as this can be reported:

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4161115/
Translation agencies - good, bad, and cheap

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4747821/
Translation scams, non-payers and frauds

I didn't know about the 3rd one Natasha mentions.

FYI: for those who haven't yet joined any Linked In translator groups. They all have a similar process: you have to sign up to be a member of the group. You can't post anything on the group's site before you are a member.

Unfortunately, it's a "sign of the times" that there are no less than three such Linked In groups to report these cases.

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you won't believe it Nov 26, 2019

today I got an email from this guy, asking me if I could do a 3400 word translation. Honestly???
I answered and asked how he can dare approaching me again after all he has done. He answered: "If you had not been so rude we could be working together.
Anyway forget it"

He never paid me.

Can you believe how sick some people are?

[Edited at 2019-11-26 09:43 GMT]

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei

Diana Kaplan
Diana Kaplan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Unbelievable Nov 26, 2019

Inez,

How come he is still in business?
This is really really frustrating.
And then to say you are the hysterical one!
Really unbelievable.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:50
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Paid Nov 26, 2019

If you wanted to get paid, that was the wrong approach. You've wasted a lot of energy, and raised your blood pressure, for nothing.

[Edited at 2019-11-26 11:13 GMT]

Inez Ulrich
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
he never intented to pay Nov 26, 2019

Tom in London wrote:

If you wanted to get paid, that was the wrong approach. You've wasted a lot of energy, and raised your blood pressure, for nothing.

[Edited at 2019-11-26 11:13 GMT]

Wasn't aware that I need certain tactics to get paid for my work
He has scammed so many people, always with the same behaviour, he never intended to pay anything at all. I tried all kinds of legal proceedings, but everybody (lawyers etc.) told me it would cost me too much money and that probably nothing would turn around anyway.

With this email today I only had to laugh. Lesson learned. But you are right, that thing cost me a lot, healthwise.

[Edited at 2019-11-26 12:12 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abusive exchange with a translation company

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »