Thread poster: Paklingo
Paklingo
Paklingo  Identity Verified
Pakistan
Local time: 21:16
Urdu to English
+ ...
Sep 13, 2017

I worked with an agency in May. I translated or transcribed a project for them from Urdu to English. I sent my invoices to them in May and second in June. I was supposed to receive my payment in the start of August. I did not receive it. I contacted, the person from the company replied once and since then they have vanished. I have emailed them to their 6 different email address. 4 Of which belongs to direct person. 1 is of sales and 1 is of info.
I am emailing them daily but I do not rece
... See more
I worked with an agency in May. I translated or transcribed a project for them from Urdu to English. I sent my invoices to them in May and second in June. I was supposed to receive my payment in the start of August. I did not receive it. I contacted, the person from the company replied once and since then they have vanished. I have emailed them to their 6 different email address. 4 Of which belongs to direct person. 1 is of sales and 1 is of info.
I am emailing them daily but I do not receive any reply. Their phone number does not connect. Company information is given below.

How can I make them pay me? Or how can I report them to proz.com? I have all their emails with me.

[Edited at 2017-09-13 07:21 GMT]
Collapse

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:16
German to English
+ ...
Remove the identifying info or your post will be deleted Sep 13, 2017

We are not allowed to name companies in these posts. You should edit your post so that all of the specific company information is removed. Otherwise your post will be deleted!

I think you might not have a chance to make them pay, but you can report them on ProZ by making an entry on the Blueboard.

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 00:16
Chinese to English
+ ...
It's likely a loss Sep 13, 2017

When an agency or client disappears from contact, it's likely that you won't be able to retrieve your payment even if you have company information, especially if they are overseas. As mentioned above, if they have a Blue Board presence you can leave them a record as a non-payer; as for your own personal interests, if you've exhausted reasonable communications, you have to take your losses and move on, and perhaps recognize some of the possible warning signs for the future. You are not the first ... See more
When an agency or client disappears from contact, it's likely that you won't be able to retrieve your payment even if you have company information, especially if they are overseas. As mentioned above, if they have a Blue Board presence you can leave them a record as a non-payer; as for your own personal interests, if you've exhausted reasonable communications, you have to take your losses and move on, and perhaps recognize some of the possible warning signs for the future. You are not the first translator to deal with this and you will not be the last.Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:16
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
ID'ing Sep 13, 2017

Are you sure you worked with the company that you described, i.e. ID'd them correctly? I know you removed the name, but I received an email notification of your post, so I know who you are referring to. This company has a good rating on the Blueboard. This might mean that you were dealing with a scammer and not with the original company?

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:16
German to English
+ ...
Scammers Sep 14, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Are you sure you worked with the company that you described, i.e. ID'd them correctly? I know you removed the name, but I received an email notification of your post, so I know who you are referring to. This company has a good rating on the Blueboard. This might mean that you were dealing with a scammer and not with the original company?

That's a good point. I was recently contacted by an unfortunately translator who got scammed by someone based in Egypt pretending to be a project manager from my company.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency neither paying nor replying to emails

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »