https://www.proz.com/forum/memsource_support/350618-obtain_dictionary_in_tbx_or_xlsx_format.html

Obtain dictionary in TBX or XLSX format
Thread poster: julkhami
julkhami
julkhami
Germany
May 3, 2021

I am a big fan of the Memsoure mobile app so far and I want to try to integrate some kind of dictionary into its termbase so that I can see a wide range of suggested translations for each word. Memsource has machine translation in the app and allows a termbase, but doesn't provide a Multiterm tool or a built-in dictionary like Trados, for example.

My question is, what would be the most standard, easy way to get such a dictionary? It does not seem so far like there is any clear one-s
... See more
I am a big fan of the Memsoure mobile app so far and I want to try to integrate some kind of dictionary into its termbase so that I can see a wide range of suggested translations for each word. Memsource has machine translation in the app and allows a termbase, but doesn't provide a Multiterm tool or a built-in dictionary like Trados, for example.

My question is, what would be the most standard, easy way to get such a dictionary? It does not seem so far like there is any clear one-stop shop for all your electronic dictionary needs. There might be some open source projects like free-dict, but I don't know if the dictionaries are that extensive. Linguee is a cool modern tool, but it's not easy to download as a TBX file, even if it may ultimately be possible.

The only thing I can think of is trying to export a Trados Multiterm termbase as a TBX file and upload it into Memsource. I don't know if this will work, but I'll try it.

If not that, does anyone have a suggestiong for an easiest, best way to get a really ample, deep dictionary as a TBX file? (In my case, Swedish -> English.)

Thanks very much,
Julius
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Obtain dictionary in TBX or XLSX format

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »