Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:37
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 15, 2021

Hello,

I know the question seems too common, but bear with me for a while, please... I am opening a SDL Studio package in memoq, translating an .xml.sdlxlif film, and would like to save it as .xml. All I've been able to do is save it as .xml.sdlxlif, a Studio file basically.

Any sugestions, please? Thank you!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:37
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
With a Studio package, your Target is the SDLXLIFF Apr 15, 2021

Unfortunately, when you import a Studio package into memoQ, your "target" is the SDLXLIFF file. The software that will produce the translated XML file is Studio itself.

If you happen to have the original XML file, you can import it into memoQ (you will probably need to create a separate project) and, once you are finished with the Studio package, use memoQ to translate the XML file itself with the same memory.

(If in an emergency, feel free to email me directly; I can p
... See more
Unfortunately, when you import a Studio package into memoQ, your "target" is the SDLXLIFF file. The software that will produce the translated XML file is Studio itself.

If you happen to have the original XML file, you can import it into memoQ (you will probably need to create a separate project) and, once you are finished with the Studio package, use memoQ to translate the XML file itself with the same memory.

(If in an emergency, feel free to email me directly; I can perhaps try to produce the final XML file in Studio.)
Collapse

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:37
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No original file :-( Apr 16, 2021

HI Tomás,

thanks a lot for your reply and offer to help!!

Unfortunatelly I do not have the original file, only the Studio package. For reasons I don't understand, my client asks me for the Studio return package, the xml target file, and the sdlxlif Studio file.

We have done several (large) jobs like this, and all went smoothly, but with the last two (small) jobs, the xml target file has presented a problem
... See more
HI Tomás,

thanks a lot for your reply and offer to help!!

Unfortunatelly I do not have the original file, only the Studio package. For reasons I don't understand, my client asks me for the Studio return package, the xml target file, and the sdlxlif Studio file.

We have done several (large) jobs like this, and all went smoothly, but with the last two (small) jobs, the xml target file has presented a problem (which I describe here https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/350354-broken_tag_in_xml_file.html#2902943 )

Other translators are not having this problem, I don't know why I am. I turned to memoq hoping it would allow me to produce a valid xml target file...

Have a nice day!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save target as...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »