Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:39
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Dec 4, 2020

Although I have checked the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box I do not get any results (English to Greek) in concordance; I do get TM matches while translating and of course results when I search directly on the site.

memoQ 9.5

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:25 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:39
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I've never gotten that to work Dec 4, 2020

Spiros Doikas wrote:

Although I have checked the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box I do not get any results (English to Greek) in concordance; I do get TM matches while translating and of course results when I search directly on the site.

memoQ 9.5

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:25 GMT]

I don't think I have ever gotten that to work (Dutch-English). Would be cool if it did.

Michael

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:43 GMT]

Spiros Doikas
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about pretranslate with mymemory? Dec 4, 2020

Is pretranslate with mymemory possible?

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:39
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I don't think so Dec 4, 2020

Spiros Doikas wrote:

Is pretranslate with mymemory possible?

I think you may be able to do it via a workaround, by using MateCat (https://www.matecat.com/ ).

You pretranslate your project in MateCat, and then go to: https://www.matecat.com/manage
There, you select Export to TMX/xliff

However, I am not sure how much of what appears in the MateCat interface matches ends up in that exported TMX. Might be worth a fiddle.

[Edited at 2020-12-04 19:56 GMT]

Spiros Doikas
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 4, 2020

Although I am quite puzzled, given that MemoQ states:

To have results from the external sources in the Concordance window: Check the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box.<
... See more
Although I am quite puzzled, given that MemoQ states:

To have results from the external sources in the Concordance window: Check the Consult TM plugins in concordance searches check box.
https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/options-tm-plugins.html?Highlight=Consult%20TM%20plugins%20in%20concordance%20searches
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MyMemory results in Concordance

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »