Sam Abramov
Sam Abramov
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 10, 2020

Well, the issue might be trivial:

In all other CATs I've used before there's an option to "confirm and close", i.e. - CAT doesn't open the next segment.
However I cannot find this feature in my MemoQ 8.
Have I been inattentive and it is there or is there a workaround this troublesome feature?

Thanks!

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:09
English to Dutch
Uncheck Automatically jump after confirmation Mar 10, 2020

Press CTRL+Shift+G and uncheck 'Automatically jump after confirmation'

Sam Abramov wrote:

Well, the issue might be trivial:

In all other CATs I've used before there's an option to "confirm and close", i.e. - CAT doesn't open the next segment.
However I cannot find this feature in my MemoQ 8.
Have I been inattentive and it is there or is there a workaround this troublesome feature?

Thanks!

Sam Abramov
Sam Abramov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Mar 10, 2020

Erwin van Wouw wrote:

Press CTRL+Shift+G and uncheck 'Automatically jump after confirmation'

Well, as I've found out it was unchecked initially.
Neither checking nor unchecking did something for me.
Memoq stubbornly opens the next segment.

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
Local time: 10:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Go to next settings Mar 12, 2020

Press Ctrl+Shift+G to open the Go to Next Settings window. Enable the Automatically Jump after confirmation checkbox.
Then, go to Status tab and enable the checkboxes according to the type of segment you want to go after confirming with Ctrl+Enter.

For instance, if I am translating a file, I would enable Not started, Edited, Assembled from fragments, all Pre-translated checboxes (if exact or ICE matches have not been confirmed previously).

Sam Abramov
Sam Abramov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not exactly what I'm looking for... Mar 13, 2020

Oscar Martin wrote:

Press Ctrl+Shift+G to open the Go to Next Settings window. Enable the Automatically Jump after confirmation checkbox.
Then, go to Status tab and enable the checkboxes according to the type of segment you want to go after confirming with Ctrl+Enter.

For instance, if I am translating a file, I would enable Not started, Edited, Assembled from fragments, all Pre-translated checboxes (if exact or ICE matches have not been confirmed previously).

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not really what i need.
You see, I'm working with numerous huge segments, I don't need to translate them all cause it's a multilingual document.
what I really need is not to waste time opening new segments, which are not in my target language.

So far I have not found any settings in Go to next segment, which could do what I need - i.e. to simlpy confirm the segment and don't jump anywhere.

Is there any solution/workaround with the tools I have at hand?

Locking segments is not an option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memoq 8+ Confirm a segment without opening the next one

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »