Thread poster: Larissa Ekonoja
Larissa Ekonoja
Larissa Ekonoja  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 00:36
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 6, 2020

So I have two IDML files I'm trying to align. They're large and instead of segmenting by line breaks, MemoQ has helpfully inserted formatting tags for each line break.

My solution would be to do a search and replace for \mtag but I can't seem to replace with a segment break.

So I went to look at the segmentation rules, but each time I try to ask it to segment by \mtag, I get a general application error.

I could use some ideas. I want to ask LiveDocs to re
... See more
So I have two IDML files I'm trying to align. They're large and instead of segmenting by line breaks, MemoQ has helpfully inserted formatting tags for each line break.

My solution would be to do a search and replace for \mtag but I can't seem to replace with a segment break.

So I went to look at the segmentation rules, but each time I try to ask it to segment by \mtag, I get a general application error.

I could use some ideas. I want to ask LiveDocs to replace each {1} (uninterpreted formatting tags) with a new segment. Has someone done this and can give me an idea?
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:36
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Treat special character as break segment Mar 6, 2020

To do what you want, I believe you can import idml files specifying that line separators should be treated as a segment break.

Details are at https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/adobe-indesign-markup-language.html under Set how special characters are imported.

Larissa Ekonoja

Larissa Ekonoja
Larissa Ekonoja  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 00:36
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Import filters Mar 6, 2020

Thank you. I certainly see it in the documentation and it would make sense. I'll try it out and see if it removes all (3,000) tags.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resegment alignment for formatting tags

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »