Trevor Chichester  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:42
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2020

Hey guys,

Have been using MemoQ for years and had hundreds of projects in my memoQ. I updated the software and now ALL of my projects are gone from my dashboard. Please help!!!

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Browse or drop files Mar 5, 2020

At the top of the dashboard it says, "Drop files here to start translating or browse..." I would browse, go to where your projects are saved, and choose the ones you want to show up in your list. They will all show up in that upper section with a big Q and the name of the project underneath each Q. Click the one you want to "start translating" and it will start to create a new project. You won't end up with duplicates in your computer if you keep the name the same. It will then show up in yo... See more
At the top of the dashboard it says, "Drop files here to start translating or browse..." I would browse, go to where your projects are saved, and choose the ones you want to show up in your list. They will all show up in that upper section with a big Q and the name of the project underneath each Q. Click the one you want to "start translating" and it will start to create a new project. You won't end up with duplicates in your computer if you keep the name the same. It will then show up in your list in the lower section and you can work on it or leave it alone.

Depending on how you work, you might not need all the projects to show there (if you saved everything in your TM)--just only the ones you need to finish. When I finish a project, I move it to the Recycle Bin so I won't have clutter. If I need to see one of those projects again, I just View Recycle Bin. This is a MemoQ recycle, not the trash bin for your whole computer, so you are safe. I think of it more as hiding the files rather than actually "recycling" because they are not deleted.

I hope this helps.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost all projects in MemoQ

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »