Thread poster: espoir03
espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2019

Hello,

I just installed memoQ to a new computer and I feel uncomfortable with the look I see on my new computer.
Please see the attached picture. For some reason segment height is not enough and I can't see the percentage number very well.

2019-12-09

How can make the segment height bigger?
Of course I checked Options > Appearance and changed font size to 12 (actually the font size of the memoQ I was using in my old computer was set to 10) but no change...

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Akiko

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:10
Danish to English
+ ...
Scaling Dec 10, 2019

You are probably using scaling of your Windows screen. The MemoQ developers haven't quite figured out how to handle that yet, which is a problem when you buy a high-resolution screen.

The following two settings made the MemoQ UI acceptable to me, though:

Options > Appearance > Translation grid icon size 175% to match screen scaling (use your Windows screen scaling percentage from Windows settings: Windows Settings > System > Display > 175%).

Options > Appea
... See more
You are probably using scaling of your Windows screen. The MemoQ developers haven't quite figured out how to handle that yet, which is a problem when you buy a high-resolution screen.

The following two settings made the MemoQ UI acceptable to me, though:

Options > Appearance > Translation grid icon size 175% to match screen scaling (use your Windows screen scaling percentage from Windows settings: Windows Settings > System > Display > 175%).

Options > Appearance > Translation grid score font size 75% (you may need another percentage).

I reported the problem to MemoQ support last year, so they are aware of it.
Collapse

Dan Lucas

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! Amazing! Dec 10, 2019

Thomas,

I do remember you helped me for other issue as well in the past.
Thank you again for your help.

It's now showing comfortably. Many thanks. I tried Translation grid score font size as 100% because 75% was a bit small and it still worked!

Akiko

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is it possible to change post QA message font size? Dec 10, 2019

Hello,

In addition to this, does anyone know how to set the post QA message font bigger?

Akiko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting preferences - installed memoQ to a new computer

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »