In MemoQ 8.4, does the percentage word count indicator take account of locked segments?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 01:27
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 8, 2018

I received a big job with quite many locked segments. Normally it's easy to keep track of progress and see how many words I translate per hour or day, but I'm not sure if the word counter in MemoQ take account of these many locked segments?

For example, I have 5 files and now the total weighted word count for each of these from my customer's PO. If I during translation check the percentage translated and subtract this percentage from the total weighted word count for the file, will
... See more
I received a big job with quite many locked segments. Normally it's easy to keep track of progress and see how many words I translate per hour or day, but I'm not sure if the word counter in MemoQ take account of these many locked segments?

For example, I have 5 files and now the total weighted word count for each of these from my customer's PO. If I during translation check the percentage translated and subtract this percentage from the total weighted word count for the file, will I get the true number of words I've translated, or would I need to do anything more if the word counter does not take into account the many locked segments?
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:27
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Do a test Jun 9, 2018

Why don't you do a test? Prepare a one-document project, open the document, and lock all segments.

Have a look at the indicator. Does it show 100%?

Now, to keep track of your progress, you can go the Overview tab and create a new progress report every time you want to see how much you have progressed. Then just compare the confirmed words in this new report to the ones in the previous report.

[Edited at 2018-06-09 13:35 GMT]

Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Local time: 01:27
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Nope Jun 9, 2018

It only counts unlocked segments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In MemoQ 8.4, does the percentage word count indicator take account of locked segments?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »