CTRL+X, CTRL +V not working
Thread poster: Jing Nie
Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:52
English to Dutch
+ ...
Cut and paste still delayed in MemoQ, depending on what other programs are running in background Feb 2, 2017

It is now 2017 and cut and paste is still delayed in the latest version of MemoQ, depending on what programs are running in the background (Windows 10). New features are all well and good, but when is there going to be proper maintenance of what is already there?

David Cassidy

Charles Ek
Charles Ek  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:52
Member (2009)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
No more MemoQ here Feb 2, 2017

Marinus Vesseur wrote:

It is now 2017 and cut and paste is still delayed in the latest version of MemoQ, depending on what programs are running in the background (Windows 10). New features are all well and good, but when is there going to be proper maintenance of what is already there?

My frustration this week with this very problem is yet another reason why I loathe this CAT tool. I will not accept another job that requires its use. All the feeble explanations pointing at other software are quite pathetic.

For the record: I'm running MemoQWebTrans on a Mac through Safari. So Windows has nothing to do with it.

Oleg Korneev
Oleg Korneev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:52
English to Russian
close Download Master Sep 22, 2017

In my case I found out for sure that Download Master (a kind of free download manager with plug-in in browers) is guilty. Press on application icon in taskbar, select "exit" and everything starts working fine that very moment.

[Edited at 2017-09-22 01:13 GMT]

Anthony Veretyuk
Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:52
English to Russian
+ ...
MemoQ+DM = fine Mar 20, 2020

Right now, I was running MemoQ along with uTorrent and DownloadMaster. Ctrl+V did not work until shutting down the uTorrent. DM is still running and causing no troubles. Win 10 X64 Corporate +MemoQ 9.2.7

Gatom
Gatom
United Kingdom
Italian to French
+ ...
Same problem here in 2020 Oct 2, 2020

I am having the same issue with the shortcut cntrl+V.

Matheus Chaud

Caissey N.
Caissey N.

Local time: 16:52
French to English
Uninstalling skype solved this problem Dec 11, 2021

Thanks ProZers, I was having this same annoying problem, and sure enough, uninstalling Skype solved it immediately with no need to re-boot.
Thanks for your help, @István Lengyel - I would NEVER have though of that...

Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:52
English to German
Windows 10 clipboard history Jan 7, 2022

Hi all, I had the same problem and as suggested in

https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/349666-cut_and_paste_sometimes_not_working_in_memoq.html

the Windows 10 clipboard history was the culprit in my case...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CTRL+X, CTRL +V not working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »