Content Marketing: Are you implementing these 8 steps to success?
Thread poster: Nicole König
Nicole König
Nicole König  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:17
German to English
+ ...
Sep 12, 2018

Here's the good, the great, the outrageously amazing news: YOU can implement content marketing as your no.1 marketing funnel.
And you don't need a wad of cash to do it.
What you do need is a recipe to communicate your value to the people who need it in a smart and authentic way.
This week's blog article is all about content marketing. We list the steps that will work for you, big time, whether you're starting from square 1 or sq
... See more
Here's the good, the great, the outrageously amazing news: YOU can implement content marketing as your no.1 marketing funnel.
And you don't need a wad of cash to do it.
What you do need is a recipe to communicate your value to the people who need it in a smart and authentic way.
This week's blog article is all about content marketing. We list the steps that will work for you, big time, whether you're starting from square 1 or square 100.
Click here to read the article.
Also, we created a content schedule to help you streamline your day-to-day.

We'd love your thoughts and feedback!
Collapse

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Step 8 does it Sep 12, 2018

Nicole König wrote:

I'd just like to remark that a successful career can be made of step 8 alone. Maybe it should be placed on position 1 and all others considered optional

Vesa Korhonen

Michael Wetzel
Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
"smart and authentic" Sep 13, 2018

Nicole König wrote:

... good ... great ... outrageously amazing ... YOU ... implement ... marketing funnel.
... wad of cash ...
... a recipe ... communicate your value ... smart and authentic ...
... steps that will work for you, big time ...
... content schedule ... streamline your day-to-day.

My feedback: Good content, bad marketing. Keyword: "smart and authentic" - you've done the hard part, just tone down the rhetoric.

The content of the blog looked really solid. I mean that absolutely sincerely, and I think you've probably done a great job on the most important and difficult task. However, I had to write "probably," because I was unable to do more than skim your article. I cannot force myself to read language like that more closely. I'm afraid it will give me mind cancer.

I don't know if I'm part of your target audience or not.

P.S.: I agree with you that being surprisingly good and surprisingly pleasant to work with belongs at the end, because those qualities are useless until you have clients.

Christopher Schröder

Nicole König
Nicole König  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Authentic Sep 13, 2018

Michael Wetzel wrote:

My feedback: Good content, bad marketing. Keyword: "smart and authentic" - you've done the hard part, just tone down the rhetoric.

The content of the blog looked really solid. I mean that absolutely sincerely, and I think you've probably done a great job on the most important and difficult task. However, I had to write "probably," because I was unable to do more than skim your article. I cannot force myself to read language like that more closely. I'm afraid it will give me mind cancer.

I don't know if I'm part of your target audience or not.

P.S.: I agree with you that being surprisingly good and surprisingly pleasant to work with belongs at the end, because those qualities are useless until you have clients.

Thank you, Michael, for your feedback. Happy Thursday to you!

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:17
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
What it does take... Sep 13, 2018

The article says:
The beauty of content marketing is that it doesn’t take big bucks to make a big splash.

It is worth mentioning that content marketing takes TIME. It won't happen overnight.

I guess I've been doing it since day one of my web site.

It all began with a series of Q&As on sworn translations in Brazil. They are regulated by a law passed in 1943 and never amended,so there was little information online about them. I had to give these same explanations all the time, so it was a real time saver being able to simply provide the URL and handle exceptions only.

Later I began to develop useful content for players in my industry: prospects, clients, peers, vendors, etc.

I didn't keep records on it, but my best guess is that it took about 7 years for my site to rise to my #1 source of new clients on content alone. I never invested one single cent on external SEO (i.e. hiring someone to do it, just inserted keywords myself), pay-per-click, or paid ads on search engines.

So the prescription is: the early you get started on content marketing, the younger you'll be when it begins to pay off. Keep in mind that you'll be competing with deep-pocketed SEO and advertising competitors.

John Fossey
Radmila Sobacic
Nicole König

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Content Marketing: Are you implementing these 8 steps to success?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »