Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:15
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer Apr 7, 2017

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

I'll try to do a few comparisons between using Google Translate via the API (in a CAT tool), and the online interface @ https://translate.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#auto/en/ when I have a moment. I do know that in the past (i.e., before they introduced the neural engines), there was a difference, so I'm curious too.

Hello,

I was just wondering if you had the chance to try the above for comparison?
In the meantime I had a look at the improvements in Dragon with the use of neural nets, very interesting, thanks for this. I know google have a voice recognition plugin (or sort of) for Chrome. The function is embedded in Wordfast Anywhere. I tried it a while ago and was rather impressed too. But I don't know how it compares with Dragon.

All the best,

Fi2 n Co

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google gave their MT a "brain": Google Neural Machine Translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »