The Manner In Which The Agree/Neutral/Disagree Options Are Used On KudoZ: IYO, Is It All That Valid?
Thread poster: Barbara Cochran, MFA
Barbara Cochran, MFA
Barbara Cochran, MFA  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 29, 2020

Why or why not?

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:03
English to Arabic
+ ...
No! Oct 29, 2020

There has always been some strong lobbying there!

The same would been seen clearly when all the answers are WRONG and DERIVATIVES from each other, but still with some people supporting one answer & other people supporting another when both answers are the same & invalid.

Some supporters are just stamping the "agree" without even considering validity of the answer!

Barbara Cochran, MFA

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:03
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Barbara Oct 29, 2020

Barbara Cochran, MFA wrote:
In your opinion, is The Manner In Which The Agree/Neutral/Disagree Options Are Used On KudoZ All That Valid? Why or why not?

I believe the three options are pretty straightforward to use. Regular users of KudoZ are aware that they can write dissenting statements even if they choose the options "Agree" or "Neutral", and vice versa. Users are also aware of the effect on the points when they choose Agree or Disagree. Abuse is possible, of course, but the system is largely self-policed and generally works fine. I'm not fan of the format of "discussions", but one simply has to learn to make the best of the situation.

What is your opinion about way these options are used?

Aline Amorim
Tina Vonhof (X)
Philip Lees

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 08:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Define "valid"... Oct 31, 2020

I'm not sure about validity, but as far as I'm concerned it serves its purpose, although it's not a panacea. Sometimes I miss having a "like" button when a term I didn't know appears and I find it interesting or useful for future use. On those occasions, I feel reluctant to post an agree, having been unaware of the term myself.
For example, "radicar/se" which I've just discovered can mean to number and file a document.

[Edited at 2020-10-31 17:47 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Manner In Which The Agree/Neutral/Disagree Options Are Used On KudoZ: IYO, Is It All That Valid?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »