Erika Gunnarsdóttir
Erika Gunnarsdóttir  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:10
English to Danish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2018

Hi there!

Do you work as a translator or interpreter?

Then I would greatly appreciate your help.

I am currently writing my Master's thesis, which will be the final step certifying me as European Master's of Translation (EMT). During my last semester, I have had extensive training as an interpreter, and I have tried my hand at simultaneous, consecutive and whispering interpretation.

The questionnaire is chosen to support the findings from the li
... See more
Hi there!

Do you work as a translator or interpreter?

Then I would greatly appreciate your help.

I am currently writing my Master's thesis, which will be the final step certifying me as European Master's of Translation (EMT). During my last semester, I have had extensive training as an interpreter, and I have tried my hand at simultaneous, consecutive and whispering interpretation.

The questionnaire is chosen to support the findings from the literature.

In my Bachelor's thesis I wrote about nonverbal communication and how it may act as noise and thus hinder effective intercultural communication, and this time I seek to mix both interpretation, nonverbal communication and intercultural communication.

The questionnaire is therefore parted into four pages:

1st page - Info on you

2nd page - Intercultural communication

3rd page - Nonverbal communication

4th page - Relevance of intercultural communication and nonverbal communication in interpretation.

No examples of nonverbal communication are nor will be provided, as this may influence your responses. I am aware that there will be lack of nonverbal communication in simultaneous interpretation.

Finally, the questionnaire takes a maximum of 10 minutes:

https://goo.gl/forms/UnhBGzEQXuK19WTq1

All recorded answers are anonymous.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questionnaire for thesis

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »