Thread poster: Jack Doughty
LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
Local time: 00:03
French to English
+ ...
Done Aug 19, 2015

I've just signed your petition, Jack, which was confirmed with this message below:

"Thanks

Your signature has been added to this petition as a supporter.
What next?

This petition needs 5 supporters to go live.

When it goes live, we'll email you a link so you can start sharing it."

I thought you had your five supporters yesterday, and I'm sure you must have had more than five signatures overall, so do you know why it's not gon
... See more
I've just signed your petition, Jack, which was confirmed with this message below:

"Thanks

Your signature has been added to this petition as a supporter.
What next?

This petition needs 5 supporters to go live.

When it goes live, we'll email you a link so you can start sharing it."

I thought you had your five supporters yesterday, and I'm sure you must have had more than five signatures overall, so do you know why it's not gone live yet?

Incidentally, the Daily Mail has two articles on this subject today:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3202885/Give-Afghan-heroes-sanctury-Pressure-UK-save-translators-facing-Taliban-death-threat-blood-bullet-holes-proof-danger.html
and
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3202916/ADMIRAL-LORD-WEST-former-Sea-Lord-sense-honour.html
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:03
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
To Lesley Aug 19, 2015

I find these people exasperating to deal with. They tell me every time someone signs up, and according to their own reckoning, you are the nineteenth.
I think the emails they send me are automated ones from a no-reply address, but I found a "Feedback" link on the site and sent them a complaint about this, including a copy of the message they sent to you. The reply on site was:

"Your feedback has been sent

Thanks for sending us your feedback.

If you'v
... See more
I find these people exasperating to deal with. They tell me every time someone signs up, and according to their own reckoning, you are the nineteenth.
I think the emails they send me are automated ones from a no-reply address, but I found a "Feedback" link on the site and sent them a complaint about this, including a copy of the message they sent to you. The reply on site was:

"Your feedback has been sent

Thanks for sending us your feedback.

If you've requested a response, we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

During busy periods this can take up to 5 working days."

So I reckon it may go public in about a week, probably after more interpreters have died.
Collapse

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
Local time: 00:03
French to English
+ ...
Petition is now public and can be shared Aug 19, 2015

I've just received an email from the government petition site to say it's now been published and can be shared. 20 signatures so far.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:03
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Petition now published Aug 19, 2015

I received a reply to the complaint I submitted earlier today about the delay in publishing this, and I was told that it was because of the link to a news article on the subject. They had to check every person mentioned in it to make sure they were not involved in any legal proceedings. This would take several more days, but if the link were removed, they could publish it sooner. So I told them to remove the link.
I have now been notified that it has been published. Since my wife has been
... See more
I received a reply to the complaint I submitted earlier today about the delay in publishing this, and I was told that it was because of the link to a news article on the subject. They had to check every person mentioned in it to make sure they were not involved in any legal proceedings. This would take several more days, but if the link were removed, they could publish it sooner. So I told them to remove the link.
I have now been notified that it has been published. Since my wife has been notified too, I presume that all those who have signed up to now will have been informed as well.
The link is https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106218
which is a shorter version of what it was before.
Once again, would those eligible and wishing to support the petition please sign it. Thank you.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Petition to UK Government to grant asylum to Afghan interpreter

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »