Alan Nicol
Alan Nicol  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2015

Hi everyone!

I am a translator/interpreter (FR & EN) based in Spain.

I know it is a recurring subject, but the information found on this forum is a little out of date.

An agency has asked me to give them a quote for interpreting into FR & EN from ES for a course at a company's site. The course extends over 3 days, it generally starts at 8.30 and finishes at 18.30 approximately and is directed at managers and technicians.
What is the current going int
... See more
Hi everyone!

I am a translator/interpreter (FR & EN) based in Spain.

I know it is a recurring subject, but the information found on this forum is a little out of date.

An agency has asked me to give them a quote for interpreting into FR & EN from ES for a course at a company's site. The course extends over 3 days, it generally starts at 8.30 and finishes at 18.30 approximately and is directed at managers and technicians.
What is the current going interpreting rate in Spain for interpreting into one language and two languages? Am I wrong in assuming that interpreting into two languages would require a higher rate, given the fact that you are doing the work of two interpreters?
I don't want to make the mistake of quoting them too little or too high either.

Having looked at various sites, the rates are generally for full/half-day's work, but they are the agency's fees.
http://www.stu-traductores.es/en/consecutive-interpreting/
http://www.ai-ti.org/PDF/ESaiPrIn.PDF

I'd appreciate your feedback on that matter.

Have a good day!

[Edited at 2015-08-05 07:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-08-05 07:48 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Consecutive Interpreting Rates Spain

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »