Android apps for interpreting (Tablet in a booth)
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 18:39
Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2015

Right now I use Dropbox where I keep my glossaries filed with tables. The good thing is that I can still open the glossaries, even without Internet, I just need to sync them later. I use the stylus to handwrite new terms or the screen keyboard (SwiftKey is the best), depending on whether I'm in the booth or doing consecutive, then I just add them up to the table. The advantage I find is that later I can go to Word and sort the terms alphabetically based on either language and just keep adding t... See more
Right now I use Dropbox where I keep my glossaries filed with tables. The good thing is that I can still open the glossaries, even without Internet, I just need to sync them later. I use the stylus to handwrite new terms or the screen keyboard (SwiftKey is the best), depending on whether I'm in the booth or doing consecutive, then I just add them up to the table. The advantage I find is that later I can go to Word and sort the terms alphabetically based on either language and just keep adding terms, specially for recurring clients.

I tried using Evernote (which I use for everything but this), but it doesn't work well with tables and I can't sort out terms. I also tried Papyrus (note taking app), same problem.

So for me, that would be Dropbox, SwiftKey (I find it faster than Swype) and Office Suite Pro. I just got an Android tablet so I'd love to read your recommendations for apps and how you used them for interpreting.

Clau
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Android apps for interpreting (Tablet in a booth)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »