Interpreting prices
Thread poster: R.M.Torres
R.M.Torres
R.M.Torres  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:51
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 12, 2015

How much can you charge for a half a day and a full-time day as interpreter in an International fair in Tokio? The language combinations would be Spanish or English to Japanese and vice versa.
Thank you.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
In my pair Jan 12, 2015

Well, in my language pair the price per hour is 60 to 100 € plus transport, hotel, dinner etc. So one day and a half can cost up to 1200 € (including nothing else). I think prices depend on quite a lot of factors though (e. g. do you have to prepare the project or not, where do you live, what is your language pair - for yours I just dont know...).

[Modifié le 2015-01-12 15:05 GMT]

Ahmed Isagizli
Ahmed Isagizli
Libya
Arabic to English
+ ...
note Jan 13, 2015

well ,
what did you mean by "price per hour is 60 to 100 €" ,
why the range is so wide?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting prices

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »