Giulia Carletti
Giulia Carletti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 18, 2012

Hello!

I am a newly-graduated conference interpreter with Italian as my A language and English and Spanish as B languages.
I am really interested in the medical field, but apparently it's very hard to get started in this area, since there are not courses entirely dedicated to this subject.
I was actually thinking of moving to the UK for some time in September, and I read about the DPSI and its health option.
Do you think that this would be a good starting point? I
... See more
Hello!

I am a newly-graduated conference interpreter with Italian as my A language and English and Spanish as B languages.
I am really interested in the medical field, but apparently it's very hard to get started in this area, since there are not courses entirely dedicated to this subject.
I was actually thinking of moving to the UK for some time in September, and I read about the DPSI and its health option.
Do you think that this would be a good starting point? I would like to know if, according to you, it might be useful to certify that I have some knowledge/background in the medical field- I know you have to study a lot in order to work as an interpreter in medical conferences/translate medical documents and the like, but coudl this be a "springboard".
Thank you in advance! =)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting in the medical field

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »