No push notifications on android phone for one customer
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:09
Dutch to English
Jun 10, 2020

I have a Samsung smartphone and use the stock email app. I have my work mail set to sync all incoming emails immediately, but here's the thing: it doesn't sync one particular customer. This customer's emails are synced to my desktop (Outlook) as per normal, but I have to manually sync them on my phone. All my other customers' emails are automatically synced to my phone. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Oliver

Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
I use push mail in BlueMail with LTE and, battery status permitting, WiFi where available Jun 12, 2020

Hi Oliver,

I myself use push mail in BlueMail with LTE/UMTS and, battery status permitting, WiFi where available, on a Samsung Galaxy S10, which phone offers a r e a l l y good price-performance and feature richness ratio, combined with more than decent battery life, possibly even outshining the new No. 1 in advanced phones, Huawei from Shenzhen, on price, even though SMSNG from Seoul is still the market leader in global sales across smartphone segments, even at this point, AFAIK. L
... See more
Hi Oliver,

I myself use push mail in BlueMail with LTE/UMTS and, battery status permitting, WiFi where available, on a Samsung Galaxy S10, which phone offers a r e a l l y good price-performance and feature richness ratio, combined with more than decent battery life, possibly even outshining the new No. 1 in advanced phones, Huawei from Shenzhen, on price, even though SMSNG from Seoul is still the market leader in global sales across smartphone segments, even at this point, AFAIK. LTE data is very affordable around these parts and having UMTS speed on your mobile is just the ordinary thing in 2020 and nothing special anymore. UMTS is basically available almost everywhere and LTE is increasingly becoming the new standard.

BlueMail creators Blix Inc. say quite confidently they have the best free email client for both Android and iOS currently available out there. However, and this is the stunning part, I must say they deliver on that so that I do get all business email very much in an instant, and if not that, then within three minutes from reaching our email accounts.

I know that this post, the way it currently stands, is not all that helpful. Maybe regular tech-savvy senior contributors to these forums like Sam Murray based out of Gelderland, etc., with knowledge of the Dutch mobile telecommunications market and/or WiFi technology, can help you out, upon being provided with some more information about the case.

Also, just to be extra sure we do not overlook anything obvious: Have you checked your spam folder? (The mobile version of BlueMail does have its own spam folder as well).

Best,

[Edited at 2020-06-12 13:50 GMT]
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
Push mail vs. privacy Jun 13, 2020

Sebastian Witte wrote:

BlueMail creators Blix Inc. say quite confidently they have the best free email client

Confidently Anyway it's not just an e-mail client but an e-mail service. BM uses servers that fetch your mails from your original accounts - otherwise BM could not provide a push functionality.

This means that BM observes your e-mail traffic and knows the credentials of your original mail accounts. So you should take a look at the Privacy Policy. It reads:
"(...) you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. or any other country in which we or our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities and the use and disclosure of information about you as described in this Privacy Policy (...)"

Who are the mentioned third parties? Esp. the anonymous service providers in unnamed countries?

Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
I meant HSDPA upgrade to UMTS Jun 19, 2020

Sebastian Witte wrote:

Hi Oliver,

I myself use push mail in BlueMail with LTE/UMTS and, battery status permitting, WiFi where available, on a Samsung Galaxy S10, which phone offers a r e a l l y good price-performance and feature richness ratio, combined with more than decent battery life, possibly even outshining the new No. 1 in advanced phones, Huawei from Shenzhen, on price, even though SMSNG from Seoul is still the market leader in global sales across smartphone segments, even at this point, AFAIK. LTE data is very affordable around these parts and having UMTS speed on your mobile is just the ordinary thing in 2020 and nothing special anymore. UMTS is basically available almost everywhere and LTE is increasingly becoming the new standard.

BlueMail creators Blix Inc. say quite confidently they have the best free email client for both Android and iOS currently available out there. However, and this is the stunning part, I must say they deliver on that so that I do get all business email very much in an instant, and if not that, then within three minutes from reaching our email accounts.

I know that this post, the way it currently stands, is not all that helpful. Maybe regular tech-savvy senior contributors to these forums like Sam Murray based out of Gelderland, etc., with knowledge of the Dutch mobile telecommunications market and/or WiFi technology, can help you out, upon being provided with some more information about the case.

Also, just to be extra sure we do not overlook anything obvious: Have you checked your spam folder? (The mobile version of BlueMail does have its own spam folder as well).

Best,

As standard UMTS (384 KBit/s) is obviously almost too slow to work with for a translator, I need to add that I meant HSDPA protocol upgrade (a technical enhancement) to UMTS standard. HSDPA data rate is about 21 or 42 MBit/s around these parts. Which data rate you have on your phone, and where, also depends on your network provider.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No push notifications on android phone for one customer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »