Help with opening a project in memoQ with the same target/source languages for localization
Thread poster: Trevor Chichester
Trevor Chichester
Trevor Chichester  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:26
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2019

Hey guys,

For the life of me I can't figure out why memoQ is preventing me from opening up a file that has the same source/target languages EN(US). I try "create project without template", and I set both source and target to "English (United States) but MemoQ keeps graying out the language selection which is preventing me from creating the project/working on the file.

Can anyone help? Is there a "Localization" project tab that I'm missing that I should be putting the fi
... See more
Hey guys,

For the life of me I can't figure out why memoQ is preventing me from opening up a file that has the same source/target languages EN(US). I try "create project without template", and I set both source and target to "English (United States) but MemoQ keeps graying out the language selection which is preventing me from creating the project/working on the file.

Can anyone help? Is there a "Localization" project tab that I'm missing that I should be putting the file into?
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:26
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Set... Nov 20, 2019

Source as "English" without region. memoQ can do it.

Mostafa Kamel
Mostafa Kamel
Egypt
Local time: 14:26
English
+ ...
MemoQ Mar 23, 2020

Just choose English-USA in source and choose English only in Target

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with opening a project in memoQ with the same target/source languages for localization

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »