text "marches" off screen to the left
Thread poster: Roni_S
Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 12:36
Slovak to English
Sep 15, 2019

Today I turned on my PC to a strange new problem. I'm using a desktop PC with Windows 10 and my browser is Edge. I click on the "Favourites" (bookmarks) icon and everything is fine until the mouse pointer enters anywhere on the favourites panel, and then all the text walks/marches off the panel to the left. Scrolling doesn't work and when I try using the bottom bar to pull the text back to the right it won't stay. I couldn't google the exact problem, but I followed suggestions to clear cache and... See more
Today I turned on my PC to a strange new problem. I'm using a desktop PC with Windows 10 and my browser is Edge. I click on the "Favourites" (bookmarks) icon and everything is fine until the mouse pointer enters anywhere on the favourites panel, and then all the text walks/marches off the panel to the left. Scrolling doesn't work and when I try using the bottom bar to pull the text back to the right it won't stay. I couldn't google the exact problem, but I followed suggestions to clear cache and cookies to no avail. I thought that was the only problem, but just now I did a concordance search in WF Classic and when I put the mouse pointer on the results page, it also marched off to the left, off the screen, and I'm unable to pull the text back onto the screen. I was able to close the file though. Also, when I click the bar to type in a new url, the text already there moves to the left like a ticker.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Anything would be appreciated.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:36
Danish to English
+ ...
Defect mouse? Sep 15, 2019

It could perhaps be caused by a defect mouse or mouse connection. Have you tried with another one?

Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 12:36
Slovak to English
TOPIC STARTER
@Thomas Sep 15, 2019

Thanks for the tip. It's a cordless mouse so I plugged it into a different USB port and it seems to be working fine again.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:36
Danish to English
+ ...
Good Sep 15, 2019

Good it worked. You can use compressed air to get muck out of ports and contact cleaner to clean the contacts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

text "marches" off screen to the left

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »