Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:45
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 30, 2008

I'd like to ask a question regarding how to make an entry (i.e. answer a Kudoz question) for Kudoz. I tried entering the answer and all the required necessary information in the boxes. After I did that, I pressed "Preview Answer", but nothing happened. I'm not sure how the system works. Would anybody kindly tell me how I could enter my answers and show me the steps?

Daniel Šebesta
Daniel Šebesta  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:45
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Press "Submit answer" Aug 30, 2008

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:
After I did that, I pressed "Preview Answer", but nothing happened. I'm not sure how the system works. Would anybody kindly tell me how I could enter my answers and show me the steps?

You do not need to preview your answer if you are sure you entered the correct data. However, what you must do to save your answer is to press the "Submit answer" button.

HTH,

Daniel

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Japan
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where is the "Submit Answer" button? Aug 30, 2008

Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

However, I cannot find the Submit Answer button on the Answer page. Where is it located at? I looked all over the page, but there is only the "Preview Answer" button...

Daniel Šebesta
Daniel Šebesta  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Strange... Aug 30, 2008

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:

However, I cannot find the Submit Answer button on the Answer page. Where is it located at? I looked all over the page, but there is only the "Preview Answer" button...

This is really strange that you can't see it. The "Submit answer" button is right next to the "Preview button".

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Japan
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe I found it.... Aug 30, 2008

Do I press the "Post Reference" button instead of the "Answer" button so that I jump to the page saying "Post your Reference Information"? On this particular page, I see both buttons, "Preview Comment" and "Submit Comment". Is this it? If this is so, what is the "Answer form" for? (I was referring to the Answer form when I told you that I don't see any Submit answer button)

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Submit a support ticket Aug 30, 2008

After you press the "answer" button you should see both buttons below all the boxes:

"Preview answer" on the left, and "Submit answer" on the right (directly next to it).

If this is not the case, then there is a technical problem of some sort. I suggest that you submit a support ticket.

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 02:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes, submit a support ticket. Aug 30, 2008

And to do that, go to the "About" tab in the upper right corner of the page, and select "Support" from the pull-down menu.

Sorry if this advice is elementary, but I'm assuming you haven't used the site very much and might need a little guidance. HTH.

Anne Bohy
Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Did you try with different browsers? Aug 30, 2008

Sometimes, some of the features of a Web page work in some browsers, not in the others...
In particular, if you have an old version, you should consider upgrading to a newer version... or try a more popular one.
Web page developments are usually validated with most well-known browsers, and most recent versions.
Not sure it is the cause of your problem, but when a Web page doesn't work, it's often a good idea to check first with another browser (for instance IE/Firefox...)

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
There has been a change Aug 30, 2008

Hi,

I believe a change was made to the answering form late last week, and I suspect this may be the cause of your problem. I will ask the team members who made the change to look into this.

Thanks for posting.

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Japan
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried everything what you guys wrote Aug 31, 2008

Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for your advice.
I installed IE 7 (I use IE 6 at the moment), but things haven't changed. I submitted a support ticket and already received an answer from Enrique and he told me to install IE 7, but things haven't changed. I replied to Enrique telling him that the situation hasn't changed and I'm waiting for his response right now. Let's see what happens.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Sorry for the trouble, Yasutomo Aug 31, 2008

I apologize for the inconvenience. Enrique and Mauricio are trying to solve the problem for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to answer a KudoZ question?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »