Duelview monitor question.
Thread poster: viper_1986_1986
viper_1986_1986
viper_1986_1986
English
Jun 18, 2008

Ok I have a setup that is pretty simple, using a nividia 7300GT I have a VGA cable to on old CRT screen, and a HDV cable to my LCD 42" TV.

I enjoy having it setup for the duelview mode, that way i can watch a movie, on my computer screen while still using my CRT to use email, IM or anytyhing else. Or while playing some game on the big screen i can use IM on the little one, ect...

Now here is the problem, when watching TV or playing my xbox 360 the setup is still
... See more
Ok I have a setup that is pretty simple, using a nividia 7300GT I have a VGA cable to on old CRT screen, and a HDV cable to my LCD 42" TV.

I enjoy having it setup for the duelview mode, that way i can watch a movie, on my computer screen while still using my CRT to use email, IM or anytyhing else. Or while playing some game on the big screen i can use IM on the little one, ect...

Now here is the problem, when watching TV or playing my xbox 360 the setup is still in duelview, and if last time i had the broswer opened and it was in the TV, it shows up on the TV screen, which is being used for something else. (so i cant see it)
If i close the explorer via the task manager, and reopen the epxlorer it reopens in the TV side!

The only way to get it back to my CRT screen is to change the source on my TV and drag it over.
The other way to fix this is to set the video card option to clone or single display, which is kinda annoying to do too.

Is there a program, or some trick to get all the stuff from screen #2 onto screen #1?
Collapse

Hüseyin Mergan
Hüseyin Mergan  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:20
English to Turkish
+ ...
MS Knowledgebase Jul 6, 2008

Hi,

Maybe the explanation on the link helps you.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/hwandprograms/monitors.mspx

Regards

viper_1986_1986
viper_1986_1986
English
TOPIC STARTER
Na... Jul 6, 2008

Na i read through that, didnt tell me anything to help me out.

The real question is how can you disable duelview on the fly?
Its really annoying having to change the setting to single view everytime an icon is on the 2nd screen. When i am using the 2nd screen for something else.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duelview monitor question.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »