Off topic: The Latin language according to Eddie Izzard
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 13, 2014

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

I hope you enjoy this video in which Eddie Izzard depicts his view on the Latin language. It's a bit long but it's worth watching.

Have a nice weekend!

Romina

Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:18
French to English
+ ...
Wonderful! Jun 13, 2014

Thanks for posting that, Romina. After spending half my life in France, I'm still a complete sucker for British humour, and that was a wonderful treat to round off my week.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Great link Jun 14, 2014

Eddie is unique and behind the jokes there are some telling observations about language too. That's cheered me up for the day!

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:18
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Eddie Izzard... Jun 14, 2014

is currently doing a tour where he does his stand-up routine in different countries entirely in French, German, Arabic and Russian:
http://t.co/qOLaOAxe6j

[Edited at 2014-06-14 17:01 GMT]

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Eddie Izzard Jun 17, 2014

Thanks Romina! "Pi"?? I'm still laughing!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

The Latin language according to Eddie Izzard

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »