Małgorzata Lasota
Małgorzata Lasota  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:43
English to Polish
+ ...
May 29, 2007

Dobry den,
I decided to write to You guys because I have no idea where and how to look for such informations in the net.
I've got a scholarship in Olomouc but I have a six-months-old son whom I'd like to take with me.

My questions are:
1. Is this possible to rent a room in the dormitory (myslim: kolej) for me and my little child? Are the conditions there good enough for a baby? (I mean private bathroom, good sanitary conditions etc.)
I know that here in Wro
... See more
Dobry den,
I decided to write to You guys because I have no idea where and how to look for such informations in the net.
I've got a scholarship in Olomouc but I have a six-months-old son whom I'd like to take with me.

My questions are:
1. Is this possible to rent a room in the dormitory (myslim: kolej) for me and my little child? Are the conditions there good enough for a baby? (I mean private bathroom, good sanitary conditions etc.)
I know that here in Wroclaw, Poland, there are special rooms for students that already have children. What does it look like in Czech?
Are there other possibilities? (I'm not sure I would be able to afford renting an apartament).

2. How can I get a place in a nursery for my son? (He's gonna be almost a year old when we move there) Is this as hard as it is here in Poland? Can I do this through the net or do I have to go there?

Prominte psani v anglictine, ale doufam ze neni muj cesky dost dobry a byste mi nerozumely.

Zdravim,
juliet007
Collapse

Pavel Blann
Pavel Blann  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:43
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
information on the net May 30, 2007

based on the institution you've got a scholarship at, you can go to their web site and contact them directly.

if the institution is palacký university olomouc, for example, you can have a look at www.upol.cz/en/ -> contacts -> international liaison office and write an email to one of the contacts there.

they should give you answers to your questions and/or links to other appropriate cont
... See more
based on the institution you've got a scholarship at, you can go to their web site and contact them directly.

if the institution is palacký university olomouc, for example, you can have a look at www.upol.cz/en/ -> contacts -> international liaison office and write an email to one of the contacts there.

they should give you answers to your questions and/or links to other appropriate contacts.

good luck to you and your son!
pavel
Collapse

Andrea Pate-Cazal (X)
Andrea Pate-Cazal (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:43
English to German
+ ...
Dobry den :) May 31, 2007

I am from Moravia and know the University of Brno. Olomouc should be similar and I believe you should be able to find accomodation for youself and your child (and good food, as well). Throughout the Czech Republic have always been "koleje" meeting the special needs of young mothers and young couples with children.

You can visit www.olomouc.cz just for information regarding the city itself (it is the of
... See more
I am from Moravia and know the University of Brno. Olomouc should be similar and I believe you should be able to find accomodation for youself and your child (and good food, as well). Throughout the Czech Republic have always been "koleje" meeting the special needs of young mothers and young couples with children.

You can visit www.olomouc.cz just for information regarding the city itself (it is the official website with all institutions) or go directly to this link
http://katalog.olomouc.cz/?sekce=http://katalog.olomouc.cz/&search=koleje&x=68&y=11

The second ad of the two is for the accomodation they offer at Palacky with email address and phone number. http://skm.upol.cz/index.php?page=accomodation_
or http://skm.upol.cz/index.php?page=accomodation_student_

Let me know if you need help sending an email to them.
Andrea

. My questions are:
I know that here in Wroclaw, Poland, there are special rooms for students that already have children. What does it look like in Czech?
Are there other possibilities? (I'm not sure I would be able to afford renting an apartament).

2. How can I get a place in a nursery for my son? (He's gonna be almost a year old when we move there) Is this as hard as it is here in Poland? Can I do this through the net or do I have to go there?

Prominte psani v anglictine, ale doufam ze neni muj cesky dost dobry a byste mi nerozumely.

Zdravim,
juliet007 [/quote]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

jesle v Olomouci - otazka v anglictine

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »