Thread poster: Peter Simon
Peter Simon
Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:13
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 25, 2014

How can we tell an outsourcer that if he wants his text translated into six languages, he should not restrict his choice of native speaker to only Czech??? He won't get any translation offers for the other language pairs. Could anyone help and tell him to lift the restriction and change it to speakers of the target languages???

Kindest,

P. Simon, Eng-Hung translator

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
reply Jan 25, 2014

In general it would be useful if - when asking for help - you indicate which job or poster do you mean, to save the time of others who would be willing to assist you. If you are talking about the job I think you are talking about, then the e-mail of the poster is [email protected]. The other option is to contact the Proz support.

Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)
Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Use the link from the e-mail notification you received to quote Jan 25, 2014

I am not sure whether we talk abou the same thing but...
I think there was a similar problem recetly... you were not offerred the "submit quote" button on the job page...
However, if you used the link to quote from the notification e-mail, it worked properly...

Peter Simon
Netherlands
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but ... Jan 25, 2014

... I've written this remark here because, although it came up in my list of E-Hu job offers, the poster restricted access to native Czechs ... as a result, I can't see who posted it, so there is no e-mail link as a result and no 'submit quote' button ... there is no way I, or anyone not Czech, could contact the poster of the job. If I haven't been clear enough. You all know that you can't quote on a job which the poster restricted to English native speakers, for example, if you are a Czech, for... See more
... I've written this remark here because, although it came up in my list of E-Hu job offers, the poster restricted access to native Czechs ... as a result, I can't see who posted it, so there is no e-mail link as a result and no 'submit quote' button ... there is no way I, or anyone not Czech, could contact the poster of the job. If I haven't been clear enough. You all know that you can't quote on a job which the poster restricted to English native speakers, for example, if you are a Czech, for that matter. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked you here.

One thing I can see is that the job name is "5-10k words (Privacy Policy)", if that helps anyone Czech.

Thank you for your help, I hope someone can still let the guy know and he can lift the ban on translators of other languages that he would like to get.
Collapse

Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
reply Jan 25, 2014

Peter, read my reply carefully. There is a contact for that person. So why don't you tell them yourself?

[Edited at 2014-01-25 17:33 GMT]

Peter Simon
Netherlands
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
read carefully! Jan 25, 2014

Thanks, Tomas! I've read it carefully, have you? You've written "If you are talking about the job I think you are talking about" ... which is an IF. IF you were sure, YOU'D HAVE SAID SO I guess, which means you aren't sure yourself doesn't it?? That's why I didn't want to bother someone who MIGHT BE the poster.

Of course I could try this address. IF you are right, then thank you. Anyway, I've found the way to notify staff as well.

[Edited at 2014-01-25 18:30 GMT]

Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
a reply Jan 25, 2014

I've read it carefully, have you?

Of course not. I just mindlessly typed some random chunks of words, completely ignoring the "six languages" info you provided in the original post. :)

On a more serious note, be assured that if I felt the additional info you provided later leads to a different job, I wouldn't refer to the provided contact.

[Edited at 2014-01-26 00:06 GMT]

Peter Simon
Netherlands
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solution yet Jan 26, 2014

Dear all,

I haven't received any reaction to my queries either from Proz support or foxp2translations, the latter being very strange, considering their perfect BBoard rating and the fact that the quoting deadline for this job expires at 12 today. From this last circumstance I'd suppose there is someone there to keep an eye on in-coming mail.

Of course, after the mini-lecture I received about the conditional expressing certainty, there may be another solution: they only
... See more
Dear all,

I haven't received any reaction to my queries either from Proz support or foxp2translations, the latter being very strange, considering their perfect BBoard rating and the fact that the quoting deadline for this job expires at 12 today. From this last circumstance I'd suppose there is someone there to keep an eye on in-coming mail.

Of course, after the mini-lecture I received about the conditional expressing certainty, there may be another solution: they only want to get applications from native Czech translators who speak Bulgarian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian and Slovak on top level as well - which is, after all, not completely impossible ...
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How can someone do this???

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »