Czech Medical Dictionary
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 04:49
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 11, 2012

Question may have been posed before, but a search was unproductive.
I am in need of a reliable, fairly extensive (if possible) medical dictionary from Czech to preferably English, but German would be fine too. CD Rom or online resource a plus.

Markéta Vilhelmová
Markéta Vilhelmová  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:49
Russian to Czech
+ ...
I'm afraid you will find no good online CS-EN/DE medical dictionary May 12, 2012

Dear Yngve,
I'm afraid that there is no good online CS-EN/DE medical dictionary available. The only one I know about is http://www.super55.com/. You'll see yourself if it is useful (I don't use it). There are several printed medical dictionaries on market, maybe some of them with CD included.
Online you also can find several short bilingual glossaries, pharmacopoeia, fairly good dictionary of stomato
... See more
Dear Yngve,
I'm afraid that there is no good online CS-EN/DE medical dictionary available. The only one I know about is http://www.super55.com/. You'll see yourself if it is useful (I don't use it). There are several printed medical dictionaries on market, maybe some of them with CD included.
Online you also can find several short bilingual glossaries, pharmacopoeia, fairly good dictionary of stomatology or monolingual Czech dictionaries.
If I can't find Czech equivalent for a term I ask my co-operating doctor for a help or try to search for Latin term, which is, sometimes, searchable on Czech websites.

Marketa
Collapse

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some good leads? May 12, 2012

Thank you very much for responding. My problem is that I am not in the Czech Republic, and cannot consult any local resources. Would there be a good local bookstore that you know of and that one could e-mail or phone?

The reason that I was posting this message is that searching via google is becoming so unproductive these days, a totally useless and commercially degrading experience.

Instead, productive links would be useful.

Since you do Russian, maybe y
... See more
Thank you very much for responding. My problem is that I am not in the Czech Republic, and cannot consult any local resources. Would there be a good local bookstore that you know of and that one could e-mail or phone?

The reason that I was posting this message is that searching via google is becoming so unproductive these days, a totally useless and commercially degrading experience.

Since you do Russian, maybe you could refer me to one that goes from Czech to Russian, as well.
Collapse

Pavel Janoušek
Pavel Janoušek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
Lingea May 12, 2012

See if this one could serve your purpose:
http://www.lingea.cz/lexicon5-anglicky-lekarsky-slovnik.html

Pavel

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Google links May 12, 2012

Yngve Roennike wrote:

I am in need of a reliable, fairly extensive (if possible) medical dictionary from Czech to preferably English, but German would be fine too. CD Rom or online resource a plus.

Put into Google "lékařský slovník download" and you get useful links.

Milan

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Prima, velmi dobře! May 13, 2012

Fabulous everybody!
I actually have an older CD from Lingea covering the language Slovak-English, but it is not very good. This promises to be so much better.
For Czech, I use a program issued by Stormware, also an outstanding Czech to English CD resource.

Vladimír Hoffman
Vladimír Hoffman  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Member (2009)
English to Slovak
+ ...
This one is not a translation dictionary, May 13, 2012

but maybe you will find it useful for medical translations too:
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/hp.asp

Yngve Roennike wrote:

Markéta Vilhelmová
Markéta Vilhelmová  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Russian to Czech
+ ...
czech/russian dictionairy May 29, 2012

Yngve Roennike wrote:

Since you do Russian, maybe you could refer me to one that goes from Czech to Russian, as well.

Dear Yngve,
I'm afraid that today's assortment in Czech/Russian dictionaries is poorer than in Czech/English dictionaries. Sometimes, I have even use Russian/English and then English/Czech dictionary. You can check on www.fraus.cz, www.leda.cz or www.grada.cz. Or you can check most of dictionaries on website of the Czech Union of Interpreters and Translators: http://www.jtpunion.org/spip/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=6

Marketa

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Czech Medical Dictionary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »