Thread poster: egerhazi
egerhazi
egerhazi

Local time: 11:59
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 17, 2009

Dear Colleauges!

Could you please help me how a Czech postal order (poštovní poukázka A) can be paid via bank transfer? This is a traffic fine (this was the unpleasent by-product of a beutiful holiday). I have found the webpage

http://www.expats.cz/prague/article/prague-relocation/czech-post-office/

but I am not sure about
... See more
Dear Colleauges!

Could you please help me how a Czech postal order (poštovní poukázka A) can be paid via bank transfer? This is a traffic fine (this was the unpleasent by-product of a beutiful holiday). I have found the webpage

http://www.expats.cz/prague/article/prague-relocation/czech-post-office/

but I am not sure about the meaning of the numbers.

The postal order contains the following fields:

Tr. kód (3 digits)
Ve prospěch účtu (16 digits)
Kód banky (4 digits)
K. symbol (4 digits)

and I know the amount to be transferred.

My problem is that banks in Hungary offer two options for bank transfers:

1) "Standard" bank transfer that requires all the data of the payee (IBAN, SWIFT etc.). I guess that this option does not apply for my case.

2) A simplified way for (probably) Hungarian postal orders which requires the following information:

- amount
- the account number of the payee (2×8 digits + 8 zero OR 3×16 digits)
- the name of the payee
- some comment or identification of the transfer.

I will consult my bank and ask for some help but first I need to be able to explain the bank officer, which numbers on the coupon are important for the transfer.

Thanks in advance,
Laszlo EGERHAZI
Collapse

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
iban Jul 17, 2009

You will probably need to find out IBAN and name/address of the target (Czech) bank.

See http://www.ceskaposta.cz/cz/sluzby/penezni-sluzby/zahranici/postovni-poukazka-z-a-id260/ at the bottom - in Hungary you probably use something similar for option 2?

Account number could be 16 digits in "domestic" format, or 24 character
... See more
You will probably need to find out IBAN and name/address of the target (Czech) bank.

See http://www.ceskaposta.cz/cz/sluzby/penezni-sluzby/zahranici/postovni-poukazka-z-a-id260/ at the bottom - in Hungary you probably use something similar for option 2?

Account number could be 16 digits in "domestic" format, or 24 characters (two of them letters) in IBAN format.

Czech IBAN codes basically equal to CZ[twodigits][bankcode][zeros][accountnumber].
The target bank / webpage should be able to assist, or I can try to check for you if you share the bank code.
Collapse

egerhazi
egerhazi

English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IBAN worked Jul 27, 2009

Thanks Tomas, you were right. I got all the banking information from the Czech police office (in Czech HAHA - God bless Google translate, although I rarely think of it as a translation tool). Then I doublechecked the data with the code structures you provided and the transfer seems to be done by now.

I am very grateful for your help.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

paying a postal order via e-banking

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »