Thread poster: Minna Helminen
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Personalise to the Max Jul 6, 2020

Paul Berthelot wrote:

Not having tried memoq on mac yet, i can only speak of 1-cafetran e 2-wordfast pro.
The first is easy to use but too easy to change (internal views you close or open)

As far as I know, you cannot make WFP's panes floating to position them on a secondary screen. I use this a lot with CTE and find this a very important feature.

xulihang
xulihang
China
Local time: 20:18
Chinese to English
+ ...
How about BasicCAT? Nov 23, 2020

Hi there,

BasicCAT may be a good choice on mac.

It is an open source cross-platform CAT tool which is based on Java's latest graphic framework javafx. The UI is pretty neat and straightforward, and is customizable with css.

Its performence is good and it is compatible with translatoin standards like srx, xliff and tmx. There are many convenient actions like advanced search and replace, web lookup, autocomplete, markdown export, bilingual export and git co
... See more
Hi there,

BasicCAT may be a good choice on mac.

It is an open source cross-platform CAT tool which is based on Java's latest graphic framework javafx. The UI is pretty neat and straightforward, and is customizable with css.

Its performence is good and it is compatible with translatoin standards like srx, xliff and tmx. There are many convenient actions like advanced search and replace, web lookup, autocomplete, markdown export, bilingual export and git control. It also has more than 14 machine translation plugins.
Collapse

Peter Kovacik

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:18
Member (2008)
Italian to English
CafeTran Nov 23, 2020

Having worked with CafeTran for a few months now I would say it comes the closest to being Mac-friendly (by which I mean it's intuitive; you can jump right in and start using it, learning as you go). The other CAT tools I've tried are the opposite of that. Simply figuring out how to get started requires an amount of patience that most Mac users don't have. We think things should be EASY.

Hans Lenting
P.L.F. Persio

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best CAT Tool for Mac?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »