Olivier Anh
Olivier Anh
Switzerland
Local time: 12:45
English to French
+ ...
Jan 4, 2019

HI,

I'm trying to import the french dictionnary into CafeTran Forerunner 2019. I select the Hunspell version available at https://grammalecte.net/download.php?prj=fr

Following the video, I get the following error message saying that the extraction fails because the temporary directory is lock (read only). How can I get around this ? (I'm on Macos 10.14.2 Mojave)

CafeTran read only

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Manual installation? Jan 4, 2019

Hi,

There may be a permissions issue with your CafeTran Espresso installation. I suggest you wait for other Mac users or the developer to chime in.

In the meantime, you could try installing the French spell-checker manually.

To do so:

- Make sure CafeTran is not running.
- In the Applications folder, right-click on the CafeTran Espresso app, then "Show package contents".
- Go to Content>Java>resources>spellchecker.
- Paste the
... See more
Hi,

There may be a permissions issue with your CafeTran Espresso installation. I suggest you wait for other Mac users or the developer to chime in.

In the meantime, you could try installing the French spell-checker manually.

To do so:

- Make sure CafeTran is not running.
- In the Applications folder, right-click on the CafeTran Espresso app, then "Show package contents".
- Go to Content>Java>resources>spellchecker.
- Paste the .dic and .aff files of the variant you wish to use, contained in the hunspell-french-dictionaries-v6.3.zip file.
- Rename these .dic and .aff files to fr-FR.dif fr-FR.aff

Launch CafeTran and check if the French spellchecker is works as expected (create a dummy project with French as the target language, type an obvious spelling error in the target segments editor).

Jean

[Modifié le 2019-01-04 11:54 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding LibreOffice french dictionnary fails to extract

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »