Lengthen the segments in Cafe Tran
Téma indítója: Eugenio Garcia-Salmones

Eugenio Garcia-Salmones  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 06:48
Tag (2015 óta)
orosz - spanyol
+ ...
Jan 8, 2017

Hi colleagues!
I've a little problem. I'am working on a book, I like to probe made the work in Cafe Tran, the book have 400 pages and is written with longs paragraphs and sentences. I need to modify the extension of the segments or will be impossible. How I can modify this parameter for a determined project in Cafe Tran?

Regards


 

CafeTran Training (X)
Hollandia
Local time: 06:48
Segmenting? Jan 8, 2017

Eugenio Garcia-Salmones wrote:

I need to modify the extension of the segments or will be impossible.


I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want to join several sentences into one segment? Or the reverse: split long segments into smaller chunks?

Long segment:

united

Split into chunks:

split

Or do you want to have more space in the translation editors (the two boxes above), to display longish segments?

During the configuration of a new project you can choose the way your source document is divided into translatable chunks ('segmenting'). To do so, click on the Preferences button:

project-configurator

And then choose between Sentence or Paragraph:

prefs-segmenting


[Edited at 2017-01-08 11:12 GMT]


 

Eugenio Garcia-Salmones  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 06:48
Tag (2015 óta)
orosz - spanyol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thanks Jan 8, 2017

I've changed the preferences of projet configuration, sentences for paragraphs.

Regards


 

Tom in London
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 05:48
Tag (2008 óta)
olasz - angol
Doesn't work for me Dec 8, 2020

Eugenio Garcia-Salmones wrote:

I've changed the preferences of projet configuration, sentences for paragraphs.

Regards


I have a document that CTE breaks into complete paragraphs. Each paragraph consists of several sentences. When I go to preferences and specify that I want the segmentation to be by sentences, nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?


 

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 06:48
angol - német
+ ...
Doesn't work for me Dec 8, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

Eugenio Garcia-Salmones wrote:

I've changed the preferences of projet configuration, sentences for paragraphs.

Regards


I have a document that CTE breaks into complete paragraphs. Each paragraph consists of several sentences. When I go to preferences and specify that I want the segmentation to be by sentences, nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?


Could it be that your source document has soft returns instead of hard returns?

[Edited at 2020-12-08 08:58 GMT]


 

Tom in London
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 05:48
Tag (2008 óta)
olasz - angol
No but Dec 8, 2020

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Could it be that your source document has soft returns instead of hard returns?


No, it's a Word document that is set out as a table.


 

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 06:48
angol - német
+ ...
No, but... Dec 8, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Could it be that your source document has soft returns instead of hard returns?


No, it's a Word document that is set out as a table.


One sentence per cell?
In that case try copying the column(s) to an Excel sheet.


 

Tom in London
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 05:48
Tag (2008 óta)
olasz - angol
Excellent Dec 8, 2020

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Could it be that your source document has soft returns instead of hard returns?


No, it's a Word document that is set out as a table.


One sentence per cell?
In that case try copying the column(s) to an Excel sheet.


Excellent idea - that should speed things up. Thanks


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lengthen the segments in Cafe Tran

Advanced search






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Terminológiai keresés
  • Munkák
  • Fórumok
  • Multiple search