Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:49
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2016

Hi,

I just gained a full license for Cafetran Espresso by purchasing the proz.com Plus package, so I finally "paid up", albeit indirectly.

I was just wondering about the purpose of the external editor. Is it used only for dictation?

Regards,

Piotr

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Grammar checker Nov 16, 2016

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Hi,

I just gained a full license for Cafetran Espresso by purchasing the proz.com Plus package, so I finally "paid up", albeit indirectly.

I was just wondering about the purpose of the external editor. Is it used only for dictation?

Regards,

Piotr

Igor wrote that the integration of a grammar checker would be possible too. Language Tools, not sure?

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Voice typing Nov 16, 2016

That's correct. The main purpose of binding CafeTran to the external editor is to dictate from your favorite dictation environment. Please check the article for your operating system at the Knowledge Base:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/6000225250

The provided solutions show how to bind Google Docs voice typing but you should be able to
... See more
That's correct. The main purpose of binding CafeTran to the external editor is to dictate from your favorite dictation environment. Please check the article for your operating system at the Knowledge Base:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/6000225250

The provided solutions show how to bind Google Docs voice typing but you should be able to dictate from Word or Wordpad and Dragon Naturally speaking just as well.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

External editor?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »