Thread poster: David Büchli
David Büchli
David Büchli  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:05
English to Dutch
Aug 4, 2016

Hello,

I want to import a translation memory into CafeTran (format: *.csv), but it doesn't seem to work. This is what I do: after pressing the 'open memory' button at the bottom, I select the TM file. However, it is not shown in the place I have circled yellow (which is where I expect it to be) or is it active when I start translating.

Capture

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 17:05
CSV memory? Aug 4, 2016

David Büchli wrote:

Hello,

I want to import a translation memory into CafeTran (format: *.csv), but it doesn't seem to work. This is what I do: after pressing the 'open memory' button at the bottom, I select the TM file. However, it is not shown in the place I have circled yellow (which is where I expect it to be) or is it active when I start translating.

Capture

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

The normal file format for a TM is TMX. Some tools like Wordfast indeed use CSV. You can try to load Wf TMs via:

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 08.35.34

But I guess that you'll have to convert it to tab-delimited first.

So my advice would be:

• Open (import) the CSV in MS Excel.
  • Import the Excel file (see the image for the appropriate menu item).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem importing TM file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »